• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Finally got around to visiting Copper Customs in Valpo. They have some nice hardware in there for sure. I coon fingered a couple AR pistols from American Defense and one from BCI manufacturing. They both seemed like sturdy quality made firearms. Made the BCM units seem like junk in comparison.

Anyone have a ADM pistol or rifle or a BCI that could shed a little light on them. Ive never heard of them and don't want to plop down 2K plus for something I know nothing about. Those pistols seemed like a real handy size and something that I would actually use rather than a rifle.

Posted my last AR in the classy adds and hope to be able to make up my mind soon and pick one up.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    I can only pass along my personal experience. I bought 2 lowers from the recent INGO group buys, which were made by BCI. Both my lowers were slightly out of spec. Enough that a Larue MBT would not function (wouldn’t even fit into one), but my Geissele Trigger worked.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Yikes!

The two shops I hit are pushing BCI real hard and have a bunch on the shelf. I had a bad vibe about them right off the bat for some reason.

The American Defense seems nicer but it's tall cash. I'm thinking I better find one somewhere to shoot first.

I dropped 1300 on a Benelli shotgun once and it was horrible. Don't want to do that again.

Anima mundi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Southport
    ADM guns are alright but I'd spend that amount of money on a PWS, DD, or LWRC before I went out of my way for one. Or you can save your nickels and dimes and get a Hodge or a Knights (good luck finding one to buy).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have built maybe 10 AR's using the Ingo BCI lowers with zero issues. I still have maybe 4 of them and they are A-OK operationally.

I have heard stories that some were out of spec but none of mine or anyone else I know that has used them.

Just my 2 cents.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I have built maybe 10 AR's using the Ingo BCI lowers with zero issues. I still have maybe 4 of them and they are A-OK operationally.

I have heard stories that some were out of spec but none of mine or anyone else I know that has used them.

Just my 2 cents.
    Mine specifically. The front take down pin is tight and so was the bolt release. It was bad enough I replaced the lower with an Aero and this particular lower is just sitting on my safe. My INGO lower I never put together. I have a 2nd BCI lower in my safe but I cannot remember if its put together or not.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I know an INGO member that had to dremel some metal out of his INGO lower to get it together and the out of spec trigger pin holes stopped it from being able to use a Geissele trigger assy.

Top Bottom