• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    This popped into my head the other day. Purely hypothetical. My offices are in a high rise multi tenant building. What is the effect if a landlord decides to put a "no guns" sign on the main entry? I am 99% sure that unless it is in the lease, this would have not affect possession within the leased unit. But could you be considered trespassing if you carried through the lobby to your office?

Last edited:

HonkieKowboy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2018
    Lafayette
    Or what you could do is bring an antique pistol or black powder revolver, then if you get caught you just tell them that technically it isn’t a firearm.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    This popped into my head the other day. Purely hypothetical. My offices are in a high rise multi tenant building. What is the effect if a landlord decides to put a "no guns" sign on the main entry? I am 99% sure that unless it is in the lease, this would have not affect possession within the leased unit. But could you be considered trespassing if you carried through the lobby to your office?

Shouldn't effect the leaseholder, or anyone within the leased unit. People other than the leaseholder getting to said unit... But no gun signs in IN generally don't have force of law so...

Or what you could do is bring an antique pistol or black powder revolver, then if you get caught you just tell them that technically it isn’t a firearm.

Under fed law you would be correct, under IN law that is a different story. Under IN law they are firearms, but exempt from the LTCH requirement.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    My insurance company has one on there door. I had to have my firearms appraised. I told them I work (at the time) at a gun store and would head over there to give them the appraisal if we got some down time. Every building in the unit had one and I open carried. They didn't say a word.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Bring in an 80% upper, complete it in your workplace. Boom, you never had a firearm in the no gun area.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If they ever seen it or find out you carry it, let them prove you saw the sign. Well with TLex on the case and screen shooting ingo youd be screwed. So good thing this is all hypothetical :):

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    On this thread I'm seeing some very technically correct definitions of "firearm" along with an assertion the holder would not be violating the "no guns" prohibition.

Keep in mind the owner or owner's agent can exclude anybody for anything, with some exceptions.* Continuing to remain after being asked to leave is trespass.

*such as those with a "contractual interest" in the property or if the expulsion is the denial of a public accommodation for an impermissible purpose under the Civil Rights Act.

HonkieKowboy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2018
    Lafayette
    Shouldn't effect the leaseholder, or anyone within the leased unit. People other than the leaseholder getting to said unit... But no gun signs in IN generally don't have force of law so...

Under fed law you would be correct, under IN law that is a different story. Under IN law they are firearms, but exempt from the LTCH requirement.

Oh, never knew, thanks for correcting me!

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    It just depends on the sign.

If it's one of these....

oWLuOuZRUXAMNow-400x400-noPad.jpg

Just leave your Beretta 92 at home and carry your Glock or 1911. :laugh:

Top Bottom