• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    My Grandfather was a Sgt. of the guard at the Tomb Of The Unknown in the late 50s and early 60s, after the WWII remains were interred there. I’ve been there a handful of times, the last time being when he was laid to rest at Arlington back in 2002. I wish I would have been able to talk to him about it more while he was still living and able to speak. I didn’t know about the lifelong promises and commitments of those who served there until well after Grandfather’s death, but once I found out about them, I was amazed at how he kept those promises until the day he died.

That all said, those Sigs are stunningly gorgeous and Sig deserves mad props for making them and presenting them.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Those SIGs are really quite hideous, in my opinion.

Having served as an Honor Guard team leader and participating in 135 military funerals, in a 14 month period, I can see absolutely no connection between these pistols and the Old Guard/Honor Guard.

We never carried pistols, in conjunction with our Honor Guard duties.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I like them. Not sure why they went with the extended magazine sticking out. Seems a little cheesy but I think the pistols are neat..

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Wow those are some slick shooting irons. Were they issued pistols before? If so what flavor?

I'd rather see a polished American made 1911 in 45acp forever.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Those SIGs are really quite hideous, in my opinion.

Having served as an Honor Guard team leader and participating in 135 military funerals, in a 14 month period, I can see absolutely no connection between these pistols and the Old Guard/Honor Guard.

We never carried pistols, in conjunction with our Honor Guard duties.
    The NCO's in charge of the Sentinels at the Tomb of the Unknowns carry sidearms, that is what these are about.

DangerousDave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Cayuga
    I got my Amrican Rifleman the other day and read the article about the pistols from Sig Sauer. I've been to several military funerals before. I understand the part about the 21 gun salute,but I have only seen it done with rifles, not pistols. I think they would have looked better with the standard magazines myself.

Top Bottom