• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    Who is the cheapest ffl to transfer if I want to pick up 5 lowers? Every one I usually use wants $20 a piece no break for multiple

SNAFU-M1A

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Morgan Co
    Yep, they raised transfers to $20. I think Nelsons & Co said they charge $10 but they are in Greencastle.

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    O.P.
    You need to schmooze your local gun shop owners.

I have not paid a transfer fee in at least 8 years, and that has saved me a BOATLOAD of cash.
    I have become a permanent fixture in at least two different shops in my home town and either will waive fees for not just me but my brothers as well.

I've taken the time in the past to get to know these people, offer my assistance when possible...
    I not only get free transfers, I also get at or near dealer prices on most everything I buy.

Well worth the effort for me.

John3354

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 29, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Just wondering if anyone knows how many he can transfer in a day without getting red flagged?

Well, I am not aware of any number over which will get you "red flagged". I have never worried about such a thing. If you are not doing anything illegal then it should not be a worry.

For pistols, anytime you transfer two or more pistols or revolvers the FFL has to file an additional form that goes to the ATF and ISP. No such requirement that I am aware of for long guns.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Just wondering if anyone knows how many he can transfer in a day without getting red flagged?

That's an odd question. What do you mean by that?

In terms of transfers from an FFL, whether it's a single gun or a hundred guns, it's still just one query to the Instant Check system.

From the ATF:

[FONT=&quot]A licensee must initiate a new NICS background check for each completed firearms transaction. However, a person may purchase or acquire several firearms in one transaction.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][27 CFR 478.102]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Example: A transferee completes an ATF Form 4473 for a single firearm on February 15. The licensee receives a “proceed” from NICS that day. The licensee signs the form, and the firearm is transferred. On February 20, the transferee returns to the licensee’s premises and wishes to acquire a second firearm. The acquisition of the second firearm is a separate transaction. Therefore, a new NICS check must be initiated by the licensee.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Example: A transferee completes ATF Form 4473 for a single firearm on February 15. The licensee receives a “proceed” from NICS that day. The transferee does not return to pick up the firearm until February 20. Before the licensee completes the transfer of the first firearm, the transferee decides to acquire an additional firearm. The second firearm may be recorded on the same Form 4473. The acquisition of the 2 firearms is considered a single transaction. Therefore, the licensee is not required to conduct a new NICS check prior to transferring the second firearm.[/FONT]

But, at least for handguns, FFLs are required to report multiple handgun purchases (and multiple semi-auto rifles in border states) to the ATF (a provision of the 1968 Gun Control Act). So, if you walked into a dealer and transfer 50 Glock 17s, the ATF may raise an eye brow.

Top Bottom