• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    A lot to unpack here INGOers: 2A, renting, stereotypes, rights of a tenant, anti-2A snowflakes, discrimination based on State of residence and politics. GO!!

A Harvard graduate student was told she has to move out of her apartment after her roommates found her legally owned firearms “uncomfortable” and anxiety-inducing.

Leyla Pirnie, a 24-year-old Alabama native, told the Washington Free Beacon that she felt roommates violated her privacy after searching her room without her consent and then confronting her over gun ownership.

"When I asked them why they were in my room to begin with, they each came up with completely contradicting stories ... but one comment struck me in particular: ‘We saw that you had a MAGA hat and, come on, you're from Alabama … so we just kind of assumed that you had something.'"

"I asked why they didn't just call me and ask me before intruding. One of the girls responded that fear took over her body and she felt compelled to search my room until she found proof. … I cannot make this up.”

This prompted her roommates to contact the landlord of the apartment, with one saying the presence of firearms makes others uncomfortable.

“We discussed with Leyla that all of us are uncomfortable with having firearms in the house, and that their presence causes anxiety and deprives us of the quiet enjoyment of the premise to which we are entitled,” one roommate wrote in an email obtained by the Washington Free Beacon.

Dave Lewis, president of Avid Management, then asked Pirnie to vacate the premises, despite the authorities’ assurances that she complied with all gun-ownership laws.

“Since it's clear that Leyla wants to keep her firearms, it would be best for all parties if she finds another place to live,” Lewis wrote in an email.

“Nobody has bothered to question, ‘Well, why do you want to have protection? Could it be because you've experienced something where you need to protect yourself as you see fit?'” she said, noting that she was a physically abusive relationship in the past. “I have a real and legitimate reason as to why I want to protect myself.”

The student and her father tried to defuse the situation and rejected Lewis’ request to move out of the apartment, but the property manager insisted his request had nothing to do with politics and was strictly practical.

He went on to warn Pirnie that if others move out, she will be responsible for paying their rent, according to the Washington Free Beacon.
    Pirnie said the whole incident violated both privacy and rights, saying it “doesn’t seem right” that she has to bear the burden for her roommates’ feelings.
    “Not only is this a blatant violation of my privacy, but it's also a violation of my rights,” she said.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/harvard-...find-her-legally-owned-firearms-uncomfortable

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just going to say this out in the open.......Pay close attention.

Rifle through my **** when I am not home and expect the dogs of war to be unleashed. I will face the man later.
    They had no right to do any of that ****. And hell no I will not pay your butt hurt rent.

She needs to choose better friends/roommates in future.

Fallschirmjaeger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 9, 2014
    Noblesville

Rifle through my **** when I am not home and expect the dogs of war to be unleashed. I will face the man later.
    They had no right to do any of that ****. And hell no I will not pay your butt hurt rent.

Agreed. A disgustingly weak generation of pantywaisted Millenial brownshirts has been inflicted upon us. If her roomies are also Ivy Leaguers, there's a good chance they'll eventually be in government some day. Now there's a sobering thought.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

Hell yeah!
    This should have never happened and I am sooo tired of hearing of cry babies having their feelings be put ahead of the rights of others. They should check the rental agreement contract to make sure it doesn't prohibit having a legally owned gun. Assuming it isn't an issue she should stay, and consult an attorney.

My daughter will be leaving next fall for college. At this time she plans to live in a dorm the first year and plans to rent an apartment after that. Because I am a firm believer in privacy and because some in society would steal anything I will be sending her with a small personal safe to secure any valuables. One concern would be her roommate or a friend of the roommate may get into something they shouldn't. Especially since she won't get to pick her roommate.
    She has applied for her LTCH and plans to have her gun once she moves off campus and into an apartment the second year.

Amazes me how so many of these candy asses think and get away with bullying others

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Why would she want to continue to live there anyway? Roommates clearly don’t like her or respect her privacy. I’d have moved out without being asked.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Why would she want to continue to live there anyway? Roommates clearly don’t like her or respect her privacy. I’d have moved out without being asked.

At this point why would she want to live with them. Moving out is the only real option she has now. Trying to coexist with them would be futile.

They absolutely violated her privacy by rummaging through her things. What a bunch of **** birds.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    The dirtbag room mates that perpetrated this against a perfectly legal owner of a firearm are the ones who can go pay the rent. Unless there was something in the lease that prohibited the person from having a firearm in the apartment, the person should tell the room mates and the Landlord to go pound salt vis a vis the rent. The landlord forced the person out. IMHO!

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Having been through my college years and signed many a lease in apartments, it seems to me that unless their contract is way different than what I always had that the snowflakes are most likely legally liable for rent whether they move out or not.

So I'd say F'em. Let them move out. Let them go somewhere else and get therapy for being under the same roof as an incredibly scary, evil GUN. They'll still have to pay their rent. If not, lawyer up and sue everyone involved. And in that same line of thought, the landlord saying she would be responsible for their rent if they move out--if he actually stands by that and tries to make her pay their share--sounds like a breach of contract...all assuming her contract is like those I signed when I was renting.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England

Right, I'd try to set them upon each other. Like saying that you saw one of the others doing something, snooping through the others stuff.....

I would ask where my Rolex Presidential went?

Yup or something similar. Also for addwd fun, if she has a sense of humor, she could claim sex toys are missing, as are some of her underwear.

Agreed. A disgustingly weak generation of pantywaisted Millenial brownshirts has been inflicted upon us. If her roomies are also Ivy Leaguers, there's a good chance they'll eventually be in government some day. Now there's a sobering thought.

Yeah while that is true and seemingly the largest and loudest segment of Millenials there are some who think like the young lady in this story, the one from Kent State and the kid from Stoneman in FL that will be in power as well. Hopefully above or near 50%.
    It's pretty damn sad. If she got a gun license from the City of Cambridge, she must be clean as a whistle. Her room mates were safer with her there. Cambridge isn't know as a "green town" for firearms in MA.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    and that their presence causes anxiety and deprives us of the quiet enjoyment of the premise to which we are entitled,

Their presence in the part of the premise to which you are specifically NOT entitled to and that somebody else pays a pile of money every month to have privately for themselves?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The dirtbag room mates that perpetrated this against a perfectly legal owner of a firearm are the ones who can go pay the rent. Unless there was something in the lease that prohibited the person from having a firearm in the apartment, the person should tell the room mates and the Landlord to go pound salt vis a vis the rent. The landlord forced the person out. IMHO!

Bingo.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I am hoping that the next article I read about this tells of a multi-million dollar law suit against the ex-roommates and the landlord. Would be even funnier if the lawyers are Harvard graduates themselves!

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    I am hoping that the next article I read about this tells of a multi-million dollar law suit against the ex-roommates and the landlord. Would be even funnier if the lawyers are Harvard graduates themselves!

Wouldnt that be sweet sweet justice; sadly I doubt that will happen, but me being the hopeless romantic can still dream!

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA

Disgustingly weak paintywaisted millennial brownshirts aren't made in a vacuum. They are the product overwhelmingly of parents making bad decisions-- what they will teach or FAIL to teach, whom they will allow their kids to hang out with, what their kids consume via media and pop culture, what schools they will pay for, etc etc etc...

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Disgustingly weak paintywaisted millennial brownshirts aren't made in a vacuum. They are the product overwhelmingly of parents making bad decisions-- what they will teach or FAIL to teach, whom they will allow their kids to hang out with, what their kids consume via media and pop culture, what schools they will pay for, etc etc etc...

I agree...to a point. At some point these pantywaisted millennial brownshirts have to be adults. And that means they have to figure out how to wade through the Bravo Sierra, grab life by the horns and actually be adults. As adults they need to be help accountable for their own poor decisions.

By the logic you shared, which I agree with, just think how screwed up their kids could turn out

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just desserts would be a public statement. "Out of respect for my roommates, I have moved out of ________ street, [city]. I have removed all firearms from the residence, and nobody else there is armed and able to defend themselves because they believe firearms are scary. I wish them well in their endeavors and pray nothing bad happens now that there are no guns in the home to defend them from harmful intruders."

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Just desserts would be a public statement. "Out of respect for my roommates, I have moved out of ________ street, [city]. I have removed all firearms from the residence, and nobody else there is armed and able to defend themselves because they believe firearms are scary. I wish them well in their endeavors and pray nothing bad happens now that there are no guns in the home to defend them from harmful intruders."

:yesway:

Top Bottom