• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I recently read a negative book review on Amazon where the only information provided was that "the book was not what I expected it to be."

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I have to wonder how many amazon reviews are real. I am sure some are real, but I have ordered some items based on review and once I receive it I am amazed that they had any good reviews at all.:dunno:

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    I read a review on Amazon the other night for a "custom" knife, that said, " great knife, love the looks of the damascus steel, excited to get it in my hand and see how it feels, wish I could give it more stars." WTF?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I try to look at the good and the bad reviews.
    I often can learn more from the people that had complaints.

Of course, most of those complaints makes me think the person that wrote it was an idiot.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I like Buds Guns but their reviews are often crap. People give a gun 5 stars and then say something like they just got the gun, like the way it looks, but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. How can someone give a 5 star review on a gun they have not shot?

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    "Ooohhh! I'm so important that the world can't make another revolution without my review! Gotta post it right away"!
    Most reviews are crap. Tell me in a year how the product is doing under real world conditions, unless it's bacon.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

Of course, most of those complaints makes me think the person that wrote it was an idiot.

Same here. Most of the time you can tell if someone actually has the product or a problem with it. The negative reviews are much more useful.

The ones that grind my gears are the people that answer questions about the product but can't tell you anything. "Does anyone know if this product does that?" There is always at least one prick that answers "Sorry, I don't know. I don't own that item, I wish I could help." THEN WHY DID YOU BOTHER TO ANSWER!!! :xmad: Makes me wish we could send a slap across the face via email.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    It should be common knowledge that online reviews are heavily manipulated by both the manufacturers and the venues hosting the reviews. And worse yet, the reviews that aren't manipulated are written by...the public.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I can usually read plenty of reviews and form my own opinion before I buy, reviews like some of them mentioned here wouldn't sway me one way or another.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area

Bingo! That is how you do it. Companies can and do pay for positive reviews. NOBODY pays for a bad one. Those are going to be genuine and heartfelt; even when coming from idiots they are sincere idiots. And there's the people that give 5 stars 10 minutes after UPS dropped it off. That's why I pay a lot of attention to Nutnfancy and none whatsoever to Sootch. I guess that's a bit random but to me it's the same principle. One will tell you like it is and the other blows sunshine up your rear.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I like Buds Guns but their reviews are often crap. People give a gun 5 stars and then say something like they just got the gun, like the way it looks, but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. How can someone give a 5 star review on a gun they have not shot?

"Ooohhh! I'm so important that the world can't make another revolution without my review! Gotta post it right away"!
    Most reviews are crap. Tell me in a year how the product is doing under real world conditions, unless it's bacon.

I don't think it's that people simply can't wait to leave a review, it's mainly due to the increase in marketing automation software that triggers an email prompting them to leave a review shortly after the item is delivered.

Anyone who has ordered through Amazon has likely gotten one of these. You order the widget, it's shipped to you, two days later you get an email, 'how do you like your widget? Click here to leave a review and help others decide.'

They make it very easy to do.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The bad reviews are garbage as well. “I have been using my widget for 3 years and it has been great. Works perfect. But the packaging was ripped by my neighbors dog because UPS left it on my porch. For that reason 2 stars.”

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I get a lot of "Please review our product" requests for Amazon purchases and I usually comply if I have the time. I had one company that kept hounding me for a review even going so far as to provide me with a full refund for a favorable review. I told them I wouldn't review the product until I had actually used it but that after the bribe I would not review it at all. They left me alone after that and I didn't review it.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    It should be common knowledge that online reviews are heavily manipulated by both the manufacturers and the venues hosting the reviews. And worse yet, the reviews that aren't manipulated are written by...the public.

Rest assured that these reviews that come from the public are not only representative of our current law makers BUT also the pool from which future law makers are drawn...

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    radj02m00u021.jpg

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I get a lot of "Please review our product" requests for Amazon purchases and I usually comply if I have the time. I had one company that kept hounding me for a review even going so far as to provide me with a full refund for a favorable review. I told them I wouldn't review the product until I had actually used it but that after the bribe I would not review it at all. They left me alone after that and I didn't review it.

I bought some BBQ sauce on Amazon. Before I bought it, I contacted the seller and asked how many jars of sauce I was getting since it was $36. They replied that it was for six jars. When I get my package, it was one jar. I contacted the seller again and explained that a mistake had been made. No mistake they said, I only get one jar for $36. I pointed out my previous email and they basically said tough ****. Amazon ended up refunding my money and letting me keep the one jar, but I left a nasty review. They had the nerve to email me and ask me to edit my review.

Top Bottom