• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2Lucky

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2018
    Notre Dame
    When I first started shooting trap there were some guy shooting on a partial squad by themselves. I ask why no one wanted to shoot with them and was told they were cops and were unsafe handling there guns. Up to that point I never thought about cops being unsafe but since then I have seen that. One cop locally "lost" his gun while on duty. Its all good though because someone found it for him in the intersection later that day!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I saw that on facebook. Poor ventilation + un-burnt powder residue in front of the firing line + dragon's breath = stupid = fire!

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    When I first started shooting trap there were some guy shooting on a partial squad by themselves. I ask why no one wanted to shoot with them and was told they were cops and were unsafe handling there guns. Up to that point I never thought about cops being unsafe but since then I have seen that. One cop locally "lost" his gun while on duty. Its all good though because someone found it for him in the intersection later that day!

can you hear my eyes rolling? If not, listen harder, you can't miss it.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Folks no one group is unsafe, put it another way: gun owners are unsafe, how wide a net are we only to cast.

I thought the video was interesting and good awareness item.

SNAFU-M1A

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Morgan Co
    This was in Brazil & I didn't see them doing anything dangerous. Looks like they aren't even shooting live ammo, looks like less lethal of some sort.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

WdMxHuW.gif

Last edited:

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Totally the ranges fault. Wood floor. Gaps in floor. Volatile substance stored in space underneath that floor. That accident was waiting to happen.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    It looks like they're shooting blanks. Huge whoosh of smoke and unburned powder and zero recoil. I've never fired a live shotgun round that looked like that. It almost looks like black powder.

Maybe they have somebody banging out ****ty "training" blanks in a back room, stuffing random powder into shotgun hulls. Apparently nobody saw a problem with this, or with never sweeping the range.

"You should train your cops with blanks" is a plausible level of derp for a place like Brazil.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I've observed a lot of shooters, both LEO's and non-LEO's, on various ranges over many years. The statement you made about police being unsafe is a myth. They are always under intense scrutiny though, unlike average Joe's. As to the flash fire at the Brazillian police range, I've heard that the officers were firing some kind of incendiary shotgun rounds, which with a lot of unburned powder and dust on the range floor was a formula for disaster.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom