• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Wasn't sure were to put this, so mods please move it (it was firearm related so I'm not sure it fit in the break room) if it should go another place. I'm currently a Purdue student in a management type degree(Organizational Leadership and Supervision which is a less analytical more psychology based management), and I've been looking for an internship, as its required for me to graduate. I've focused in HR and Supervision/Management, and everything in between.

So I was wondering, as I've looked through a few companies that manufacture firearms and none are in the state of Indiana. Does anyone know of any firearms manufacturing or firearms jobs I could use as an internship? I figure why not try and do something I love, it would be awesome motivation. If not a manufacturer is there anything else possible?

Closest to here seems to be Springfield or Hi-point, but any suggestions?

Seems like either no one is hiring or they are unpaid internships. If it comes down to it I'd do an unpaid one but it would have to be close to home due to costs.

Any help would be appreciated :patriot: as well as interesting.

243rem700

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    It would be a little ways from Purdue, but you might want to check with Sinclair International in New Haven (Fort Wayne). They don't make guns but they do make gun accessories and reloading items.

Airwolf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Terre Haute, IN
    I graduated Purdue in '04 as a Selling and Sales Management major. I too went looking for jobs in the firearms industry. I spoke to the guy that distributes Brenneke USA and he had some interesting insight when I told him I was looking for a sales job in the firearms industry. He said that it was a very small industry with a very short ladder to the top and a high rate of turnover. I was surprised and made me realize that it was probably more the marketing side that has all the fun (you know, trips, SHOT show, etc.). I still think it would be a cool industry to work in and would jump on a job if I one was available.

Top Bottom