• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Always a great show---well lighted--good food(at reasonable prices)----------don't forget the NORTH ROOM------P.S.--if you are looking for some T/C barrels---look in the Nort Room

hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    I'm in Indianapolis for my son's Yellow Ribbon Event for his National Guard unit. Hoping to stop at the show on my way back to South Bend this afternoon. My wife would be content to sit in the car and read while I'm surveying the tables.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Pretty good show. One table had older Colt and pinned S&W .38 cal revolvers in the $350 range. Renewed my membership to Elwood Conservation Club. Made for a nice morning out.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Pretty good show. One table had older Colt and pinned S&W .38 cal revolvers in the $350 range. Renewed my membership to Elwood Conservation Club. Made for a nice morning out.

This would be the only show in Indiana where those revolvers aren't $600 plus. I'm a sucker for old Colt and S&W wheel guns, and I would have been on those like it was my job.

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    This would be the only show in Indiana where those revolvers aren't $600 plus. I'm a sucker for old Colt and S&W wheel guns, and I would have been on those like it was my job.

I agree. Seller was a private individual with no 4473's to fill out. Unfortunately, the Wife and I are saving up to pay for two weddings in the near future. If he is there again at the next show, (2-3 Feb 2019), I may break down and buy one.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Went to the show today and turned out to be pretty good overall. There were the usual number of vendors with ridiculous prices on a lot of guns. Overheard several vendors complaining that they had not sold anything. Well crazy vendors, stop asking silly prices and you will then “move the iron” to use and auto dealer axiom.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Went to the show today and turned out to be pretty good overall. There were the usual number of vendors with ridiculous prices on a lot of guns. Overheard several vendors complaining that they had not sold anything. Well crazy vendors, stop asking silly prices and you will then “move the iron” to use and auto dealer axiom.

My gosh, that is EXACTLY my experience!!! I saw some really crazy and stupidly high prices, and went by a booth and two vendors were complaining (loudly) about how bad the show was, and that nobody was buying anything and everyone was a bunch of "lookie-loos". My thoughts were the same as yours: "Your prices are too danged high idiots!!!"

I saw one table with a guy selling a S&W 686-6 6" revolver "NIB" that had clearly been fired, and get this: It was marked as a "686-1" and he had it for sale for $850!!! He also has his well-worn "Blue Book of Gun prices" (or whatever it was called) sitting there on the table about 6 inches from the gun. After looking it over, I pointed out the Hillary Hole and told him there no way this was a "dash 1". He opened it and was reading the serial number and said something about a "dash 6" as I walked away.

The whole day was like that.

It is funny, when I was walking in from my car, some guy was walking out that I have never met before and he warned me, "There are no good deals in there" before I even got in the door.

Still a good day, lots of great people, lots of things too look at and hold and touch. I did see some good prices on a few rifles... but not many. I'll go again next year.

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    I have found ,that the Tipton Gun Show is ,and has been the BEST gun show in Central Indiana-----they don't sell tin signs--perfume-------Tupperware--------etched glassware--etc..
    It is well lighted----restroom don't stink---food is great (at reasonable prices)---ATM machine in the lobby------There is a youth group PROMOTING shooting sports---Elwood gun club promoting memberships------------I sold >5 long guns------>lots of loading supplies-->some T/C items---and got some new "items" for myself------------------I will be ready for the next show in Feb..
    P.S. thanks to all that stopped by--saw old friends ,made some new ones

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I was looking for was a cheap H&R 12 Gauge single-shot shotgun. Cheapest ones I saw were priced at $175. The kicker, was that they all had barrels that had been chopped to 19". Made them useless for hunting in the field.

Top Bottom