Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    You get what you pay for. It would be interesting to know what the qualification standards are. On the other hand if they hire from the same pool as the gate inspectors what can be expected.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Not saying it couldn’t have happened but I’ve seen the media get their facts wrong to many times to have complete faith in that last sentence, again not saying it couldn’t happen

Kperkins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2018
    Logansport
    I've heard reports of Marshals "accidentally" dropping their guns in their waste baskets and throwing them away. Accidents happen but come on. And that is not a knock on LEOs but make sure your gear is where it should be.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Not saying it couldn’t have happened but I’ve seen the media get their facts wrong to many times to have complete faith in that last sentence, again not saying it couldn’t happen

^^^

The article states:

"A records request revealed that on Oct. 5, 2017 -- the same day the marshal set his firearm down in a bathroom stall at IND -- 32 federal air marshals lost duty firearms."

I think it is more likely that AS OF Oct 5, 2017, 32 air marshals had lost duty firearms, i.e. since 9/11 or somesuch. But not going to put money on it. Still a head-shaker.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    ^^^

The article states:

"A records request revealed that on Oct. 5, 2017 -- the same day the marshal set his firearm down in a bathroom stall at IND -- 32 federal air marshals lost duty firearms."

I think it is more likely that AS OF Oct 5, 2017, 32 air marshals had lost duty firearms, i.e. since 9/11 or somesuch. But not going to put money on it. Still a head-shaker.

This sounds easier to take than all on the same day.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    But I thought the "don't remove yor weapon from its holster UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES" (unless it's to use) crowd said to leave where it dangles even when completing a major transaction . There were even in use photos posted on how to do it!:dunno:

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    ^^^

The article states:

that was my thought also

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    ^^^

The article states:

"A records request revealed that on

You may be on to something. Must be a misprint ah those darn proof writers.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I can't remember if I cried
    When I read about their lost weapons
    But something touched me deep inside
    The day the air marshals lost their guns.

(with apologies to Don McLean) ;)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Another interpretation: "lost" can have a broad meaning. If there are 3k air marshals, 30 is about 1%. Lost could mean "stolen" or "logged as not available" or some administrative taking of the firearm.

Now, if it truly means "don't know where I put it" then that is astounding.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You get what you pay for. It would be interesting to know what the qualification standards are. On the other hand if they hire from the same pool as the gate inspectors what can be expected.

The shooting qualification is the among the most demanding of all of the Federal law enforcement agencies. I have no idea on other standards.

2Lucky

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2018
    Notre Dame
    A local cop lost his gun while on duty only to be found in a intersection by a by passer. Seems like they thought he set it on top of the squad car and drove away. Da

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I dont know what I take so much offense at, that the Air Marshall lost his firearm on duty or that the news article considers Andre Carson a former LEO. poppycock

Well, he did get a paycheck from the Excise police and he did have a badge, but . . .

Top Bottom