• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Astro91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2018
    Bloomington
    Not sure if this is the appropriate section for this topic. If not I apologize.

Had a new gun I bought shipped to US Defense Solutions in Greenwood, IN for the transfer. I live in Bloomington, but decided to ship there because I wanted to buy a lower from them and start the suppressor process.

Anyways, for all you Indianapolis, Greenwood guys who ship to a FFL dealer have you had any issues with USPS?

My original delivery date was Friday December 7, 2018. Obviously didn’t work out, no big deal. Fast forward to today, they attempted delivery at 9:53 PM, and US Defense Solutions closes at 7 PM. I’m afraid tomorrow and even the next day will be the same story since when I have packages
    redelivered they are usually around the same time as the previous day. So I’m not sure what I can do. Maybe I’ve been living under a rock, but when did USPS start delivering so late? Anything I can do?

Thanks

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Call your local post office and explain your concerns.
    The post office here knows what days the local gun shops are open, and the times.

They should be able to work out a time for delivery.

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    My original delivery date was Friday December 7, 2018. Obviously didn’t work out, no big deal. Fast forward to today, they attempted delivery at 9:53 PM, and US Defense Solutions closes at 7 PM. So I’m not sure what I can do. Maybe I’ve been living under a rock, but when did USPS start delivering so late? Anything I can do? Thanks
    The post office list the delivery time as Expected Delivery by 8:00 PM on USPS tracking. If you have the tracking number you can check at https://www.usps.com/. Tracking will list the current location and status of your package. Call the listed post office for additional information.

Astro91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2018
    Bloomington
    The post office list the delivery time as Expected Delivery by 8:00 PM on USPS tracking. If you have the tracking number you can check at https://www.usps.com/. Tracking will list the current location and status of your package. Call the listed post office for additional information.

I cant find current location. All I have is Greenwood. Should I just call both locations?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I cant find current location. All I have is Greenwood. Should I just call both locations?
    Just worry about the location for USDS. Your local postmaster cant to anything.

Unfortunately this late delivery crap is due to holidays overworking the carriers. My normal 2P delivery now comes after 7 each night.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    If I'm not mistaken USPS normally runs around 4 PM in that area. So they were probably really far behind, maybe even car trouble. I'd wait to see if its delivered tomorrow.

Astro91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2018
    Bloomington
    Little update. So, apparently you can’t call a USPS location directly. You have to go through their toll free number. Waited about 2 hours for a call back, got a call back, and while the woman was very polite and nice, I feel she doesn’t know what she’s talking about. She said USPS goes in order, and if it wasn’t delivered yesterday it will be first to get delivered today, which in my experience with missed packages is not the case at all. So I guess I will just wait and see.

And she told me the driver couldn’t access the location to leave the peach slip. Which I think he just drove right on by.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Wifey spent a couple years working at the post office in Muncie.

They overwork those folks all year. Christmas is just a zoo.

Several years ago Congress decided the post office, unlike the rest of the federal government, should be self supporting. Ok. So prices went up a little, and they got a lot more efficient. Then Congress decided the postal workers' pensions should come out of their own post office budget. Ok. So they got more efficient. Then Congress decided they should self fund their pensions umpteen years ahead. That's been a pretty big pill to swallow, but they're working on it.

All the while competing successfully against fed ex, DHL, and UPS.
    I don't envy them.

Long story short, wifey went back to dispatch, where all she had to deal with was death and mayhem.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    USPS is indeed busy. The last 2 Sundays, I've seen route carriers delivering packages. One was here in town, the other was on a rural route. First time I've seen Sunday delivery from USPS.

Platycqb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2017
    Indiana
    Not sure if the holidays extra load had already kicked in at USPS, but that’s 2 packages in a row that take 4 days to make a 9 hours trip.
    :dunno:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I ordered a piece of gear off ebay Saturday December 1, estimated delivery time to southern Indiana from somewhere in Iowa was Friday December 7 via USPS, I was thinking to myself “yeah, right”. Package showed up at my door Tuesday December 4! I was shocked to say the least.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    ...they attempted delivery...
    I avoid using the USPS for receiving or shipping packages if at all possible.

Not saying this necessarily happened to you, but in my experience, the USPS will CLAIM they "attempted delivery", but they really didn't.
    Then in the end, the recipient of the package will have to go to the post office and pick up the package.

Astro91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2018
    Bloomington

Not saying this necessarily happened to you, but in my experience, the USPS will CLAIM they "attempted delivery", but they really didn't.
    Then in the end, the recipient of the package will have to go to the post office and pick up the package.

Well, I got a hold of USPS (not the post officethat has my package), but the national one. She said the package couldn’t be delivered because he couldn’t access the location. I told her it was BS, it was 9:30 PM and the guy probably didn’t even bother to stop. I’m stuck in a weird situation, because they said they will reattempt delivery again, but I don’t have high hopes it will be within business hours of the store. And the recipient of the package has my name, but the gun store address. I know I can’t legally pick it up, and I’m guessing the gun store won’t. So I’m not sure how it will play out.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    For the last several months, our mail has been delivered around 7-8 PM. Today, an item we ordered from Menards was delivered by USPS about noon, but not the mail. I'm betting each carrier is running 2-3 routes every day.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

In my area, I see them mark stuff as delivered at strange times and know that they didn't even attempt to deliver it, but it will show up the next business day. I think some of the carriers must have some metrics to meet and when they don't they game the system.

Top Bottom