Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 401
  1. #391
    Master d.kaufman's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Support them all if you can. Im a life NRA member. Im also an annual GOA member and when I can, i throw some money to the FPC. They're all good groups in their own way. While there is some turmoil in the NRA, abandoning them is not an option, at least not to me.
    If you dont like the way things are at The NRA, write letters, send emails, try and make your voice be heard. If you're a life member or have been an annual member for 4+ years, Vote!
    I just dont see completely abandoning them as a good idea, especially at this point right now. Just my

  2. #392
    Grandmaster MCgrease08's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by d.kaufman View Post
    Support them all if you can. Im a life NRA member. Im also an annual GOA member and when I can, i throw some money to the FPC. They're all good groups in their own way. While there is some turmoil in the NRA, abandoning them is not an option, at least not to me.
    If you dont like the way things are at The NRA, write letters, send emails, try and make your voice be heard. If you're a life member or have been an annual member for 4+ years, Vote!
    I just dont see completely abandoning them as a good idea, especially at this point right now. Just my
    Big
    If I get home before daylight, just might get some sleep tonight.

  3. #393
    Plinker Abominator's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by d.kaufman View Post
    Support them all if you can. Im a life NRA member. Im also an annual GOA member and when I can, i throw some money to the FPC. They're all good groups in their own way. While there is some turmoil in the NRA, abandoning them is not an option, at least not to me.
    If you dont like the way things are at The NRA, write letters, send emails, try and make your voice be heard. If you're a life member or have been an annual member for 4+ years, Vote!
    I just dont see completely abandoning them as a good idea, especially at this point right now. Just my
    Very well stated, I appreciate the "Don't give up the ship" mentality.

  4. #394
    Expert worddoer's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    NRA Board Member Wants to End Homemade Guns

    More evidence that the leadership of the NRA needs to be purged. When different leaders of the NRA are calling for more restrictions on gun rights and additional gun control, they cannot honestly be labeled a gun rights organization anymore.

    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/nr...ome-made-guns/

    It is so sad that in 2019 alone, this is not the first board member to call for more gun restrictions. If Mr. LaPierre and his administration continue this hard line approach against reform, they will be responsible for killing the NRA. NOT those who are asking for reform...NOT those who are anti-gun....It will be Mr. LaPierre's administration and its refusal to be accountable and refusal to listen and honor the wishes of the membership that will bring the NRA to disaster.

    Hopefully the NRA can be redeemed. If not, there are others waiting in the wings. If the NRA disappears, then there will be other places for 2nd amendment supporters to go. If NRA members refuse to join any other 2nd amendment rights group IF the NRA disappears, then despite what they say, they are not 2nd amendment supporters. But the better solution would be to reform and reboot the NRA as a member and rights focused organization rather than just primarily a fundraising and money generating organization.
    "May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal

  5. #395
    INGO Homebrewer JettaKnight's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by worddoer View Post
    More evidence that the leadership of the NRA needs to be purged. When different leaders of the NRA are calling for more restrictions on gun rights and additional gun control, they cannot honestly be labeled a gun rights organization anymore.

    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/nr...ome-made-guns/

    It is so sad that in 2019 alone, this is not the first board member to call for more gun restrictions. If Mr. LaPierre and his administration continue this hard line approach against reform, they will be responsible for killing the NRA. NOT those who are asking for reform...NOT those who are anti-gun....It will be Mr. LaPierre's administration and its refusal to be accountable and refusal to listen and honor the wishes of the membership that will bring the NRA to disaster.

    Hopefully the NRA can be redeemed. If not, there are others waiting in the wings. If the NRA disappears, then there will be other places for 2nd amendment supporters to go. If NRA members refuse to join any other 2nd amendment rights group IF the NRA disappears, then despite what they say, they are not 2nd amendment supporters. But the better solution would be to reform and reboot the NRA as a member and rights focused organization rather than just primarily a fundraising and money generating organization.
    Well... he said it is a problem. Nothing in his statement explicitly calls for any legislation passed. (although one can infer)

    I can sit here and say, "shooting people with guns is problem", yet I'm not advocating new gun control laws.


    However, I want to see some evidence that it really is a problem. Are a bunch of 80% lowers ending up in the hands of criminals? Are the bloods and crips having AK build parties?
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

  6. #396
    Grandmaster jamil's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I honestly don't see a reason to end homemade guns other than so that you could say, when a criminal makes one and uses it to harm people, that he broke that law too while breaking the other. And frankly, that's just not a strong reason to write a law. And by Frankly, I mean curb-stomping jack boots.
    I have spoken.
    If youíre woke you dig it.

  7. #397
    Marksman harleymac1's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    It seems to have been crickets out of the NRA for the most part since Indy. I am a lifetime member and also a member of GOA and GOA has seemingly been fighting harder than NRA.
    WTS: 1999 HD Softail Custom (Way below Blue Book)

  8. #398
    Plinker am94pm's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I am an endowment member, but I will give no more money until they get their crap together. Every time I get an email asking for money I reply not until Wayne is gone. I know it is probably not getting read, but it makes me feel better.

  9. #399
    INGO Homebrewer JettaKnight's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by am94pm View Post
    I am an endowment member, but I will give no more money until they get their crap together. Every time I get an email asking for money I reply not until Wayne is gone. I know it is probably not getting read, but it makes me feel better.
    Make sure they know that -

    I've been sending back those sweepstakes letters with big, bold text "WLP MUST GO!".
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

  10. #400
    Plinker

    User Info Menu

    I couldnít continue to be a member with all of the stuff coming out about the leadership, plus the calling for more gun restriction. I let my membership lapse last year and promptly joined the GOA. When Wayne and Marion are gone I will come back if there is anything to come back to, Iím afraid they wonít leave until there is nothing left.


Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge