• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I am looking for anyone who has ever had Taurus customer service even remotely come close to satisfying the need you had?

Hope springs eternal but a leopard can't change it's spots...

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I am looking for anyone who has ever had Taurus customer service even remotely come close to satisfying the need you had?

Hope springs eternal but a leopard can't change it's spots...
    I have had excellent service from them. When a model 85 I bought didnt have the safety key I called them and the overnighted 2 keys AND a extra firing pin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I had to send in a Taurus Thunderbolt 38/357 rifle that I bought used in the INGO classifieds. Unbeknownst to me, the previous owner had tried to slick up the gun by lightening the hammer spring. I discovered the problem when I went to shoot it - half the rounds I tried didn't go off and they had very light firing pin marks. I was very unhappy about that - guy unloaded his junk on me. Anyway, I did the Taurus online customer service/repair thing, printed off the paperwork, and sent it in with the rifle. Taurus fixed it up for no charge and even replaced the buttstock because it had a small, but stable crack in it where it joins the frame (previous owner probably caused that during his amateur gunsmithing attempt). The estimated repair time was 6 weeks, but they got it back to me in something like 3 weeks. The only thing it cost me was shipping one way. The gun is a real peach now and functions great - very fun and accurate. Communication was easy from the start and they sent me email updates at different stages in the process. I am more than satisfied with Taurus' customer service - five stars from me!

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Needed a rear sight and screw for the PT92AFS. Figured hey, it is current why not see what the factory could do for me? Called them the 5th, they withdrew the money the 6th. No email, no call, so today I called them. They gave me a tracking number for the USPS. Logged in, put in the number, it is still sitting in the warehouse in Florida. Now it was stamped into the USPS tracking over 48 hours ago, but yet, there it sits.

Chatted with a guy at Taurus again after doing all this on my own and he tells me "Happy Holidays".

Warehouse workers for Taurus America in Florida are actually Santa's elves in disguise, film at 11...

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Don't belive USPS Tracking!
    That's my experience too. Bought some mags from Brownells that shipped through FedEx to USPS cooperative.
    The USPS tracking said the were setting in Ohio for 6 days even though Fedex tracking said the hand off was complete. Miraculously, the mags were delivered the next day and the USPS tracking site was updated retroactively. I don't know how it works but USPS tracking is not real time.

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    I’ve sent a model 85 and a 1911 into Taurus for repair. Both were done right, on time, and with tracking all they way. Now, I still believe that some Taurus models are better than others, but I can’t knock their customer service.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    A few years ago my niece purchased a Taurus TCP .380 that was a pure lemon.
    Would not fire more than 3 shots in a string before experiencing a failure to eject, which caused stovepipes with the fresh rounds.

She mentioned that she wished she had bought the .22 revolver she was looking at instead.
    I traded her an H&R 9-shot .22lr for the TCP and promptly returned it to customer service.
    It was roughly 3 weeks before I got any word, but when I did they told me they couldn't repair it, so they were replacing it instead.
    It was almost 4 weeks total turnaround, but I did receive a brand new TCP via my local FFL.
    I did have to go through a background check because it was a new pistol but luckily for me, my FFL did not charge me a transfer fee.

As soon as I received the new TCP I put it up for sale here and someone bought it in a matter of days.
    Don't recall what I replaced it with.Good customer service for me.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Needed a rear sight and screw for the PT92AFS. Figured hey, it is current why not see what the factory could do for me? Called them the 5th, they withdrew the money the 6th. No email, no call, so today I called them. They gave me a tracking number for the USPS. Logged in, put in the number, it is still sitting in the warehouse in Florida. Now it was stamped into the USPS tracking over 48 hours ago, but yet, there it sits.

Chatted with a guy at Taurus again after doing all this on my own and he tells me "Happy Holidays".

Warehouse workers for Taurus America in Florida are actually Santa's elves in disguise, film at 11...

First, I would not trust the "tracking service" - I have had items delivered to my front door the same day it was shown as waiting for pickup!
    Second, it is possible it has not been picked up (remember this is the Christmas season). I have heard on the TV of USPS workers unable to complete there rounds even after working 16 hours in a day! May not have anything to do with Taurus service!

Don't think I personally own any Taurus at this time though think my son has one - do believe they are a fairly good firearm for the price.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I STAND CORRECTED!

Guess what showed up in the mail today! Now to make amends for all the evil thoughts I have had.

Thanks to all who offered stories and encouragement, the BP is under control. I think I will run a few hundred through her tomorrow to see how reliable she is.

For the gun, Hogue grips, new rear sight and two 17 rd mags besides the 10 rd one that came with it I am up to $246 invested. Lifetime weapon for a throw down price.

Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    About 2 years ago I had a PT 99 in which the locking block broke in half...I contacted Taurus and they asked I send in the weapon and broken part with a description. I did so and in 9 days I had my weapon back and repaired at no cost. Smooth and flawless repair.

Top Bottom