• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    You know, some days I can shoot lights out and I am steady as a rock with anything I put my sights on. But other days, like today, I can't keep my sights anywhere near the target. Today....I was shaking so bad... I would have made Don Knots look like Clint Eastwood. What the heck is wrong with me? Am I the only one that has this problem?:xmad:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have that tremor thing. My mom and her dad had it too. Some days are better than others. I just try to time the trigger when I am passing by the right place.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have that tremor thing. My mom and her dad had it too. Some days are better than others. I just try to time the trigger when I am passing by the right place.
    I don't think my mom or dad had it, but I'm the same. My hands have always had a little bit of shake to them, since I can remember. I do notice that I settle down after a few mags (or cylinders), but at first I'm pretty shaky if I'm trying to do any kind of precision shooting. Don't have as much trouble with a rifle as I do a handgun (but most of my rifle shooting is from a rest, even if it's just my elbow on the shooting bench).

Fallschirmjaeger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 9, 2014
    Noblesville
    You know, some days I can shoot lights out and I am steady as a rock with anything I put my sights on. But other days, like today, I can't keep my sights anywhere near the target. Today....I was shaking so bad... I would have made Don Knots look like Clint Eastwood. What the heck is wrong with me? Am I the only one that has this problem?:xmad:

I was good until I watched the clip in the "outshoot you with both hands tied behind my back" thread. Now I have the shakes and can't concentrate. Lol

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...shoot-you-both-hands-tied-behind-my-back.html

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Low blood sugar? Or stoked up on caffeine?

This, either of these can be a problem. I try and make sure I have some food in the belly when going shooting, and I kicked the caffeine a couple of years back. Noticed that I don't have near the shaky hand that I used to, when shooting or otherwise.

GlocKnuckle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2018
    Charleston
    I can relate. I began shooting uspsa last March & I noticed that on my first stage of several matches I'd often shoot crappier than "normal". Once I got a few mags through the gun however, I'd settle down.
    Best match I ever shot was the day that I purposefully arrived at the range an hour or so early (so I could test fire with some new sights I'd installed). I was more than a little surprised when the RO read the time & scored the first stage that day. Only thing I can attribute it to is nerves/anxiety.

Last month, a local indoor range began running a weekly bowling pin tournament. More than a little to my surprise, I won the tournament the first two weeks in a row. Since then, I've consistently shot in the top ten of all matches in which i've participated.
    I chalk this up to a couple things:
    1.) Shooting indoors (dueling tree / head-to-head style) is LOUD. Even with proper ear-pro, the 'flinch-factor' is ratcheted up a few notches.
    2.) I'm shooting more often. More practice & Less time to 'forget' how to calm down.

Net-net, if your shakes are like mine & generally settle down after a few dozen rounds, try shooting more frequently (half as many rounds, twice as often). Also, try shooting an indoor range (if you're not already) to rein-in what I call the flinch factor.

I hope this helps. Good luck!
    DJ

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Yeah, I went to the range a few weeks ago to sight in a pistol, and had skipped breakfast but NOT the coffee. I was shaking like Hillary on the day after the election!

Did I mention that I went to the range to sight in a pistol??? What an idiot!

To make a long story short, I got thing close, but had to go back a second time to fine tune things. There was no way I was going to do anything resembling a decent sighting that day.

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    I know I have been battling blood pressure issues for the past few years. And I know I have let my physical condition deteriorate significantly lately. I guess that I need to start thinking like a 55 yr old instead of a 25 yr old.:(

Top Bottom