• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Two donkeys were killed in a fenced pen. The cat went over a 5ft fence to access the animals. It is sloppy wet down here and there were several paw prints that were the size of the palm of a mans hand.

Sorry, but the local paper in this metropolis only comes out every Wednesday. So, take it for what it is worth...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Trump does appear to like some good pu**y.

:)

(Of all the things that could've gotten me banned over the years....)

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    An Indiana DNR officer calls a Kentucky DNR officer and says, "Hey, we have one of your coyotes over here, come get 'em."

The Ky DNR says, "sure, I'll be on my way." But while getting dressed he wonders why they can tell the coyote is from Ky?

So he calls the In guy back and asks, "What makes you think this coyote is from Kentucky?"

To this the In DNR replies, "well, he has already chewed off three legs and he is still in the trap..."

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    All jokes ass-ide, if this is true, it's kind of a big deal. Seems the DNR doesn't believe we have cougars of the 4 legged variety in the state

I've seen video of a bobcat taking down a deer. Wrapped around the deers neck, and choked it out till the deer went down. And their paws are pretty big for their size. Would look bigger in wet mud.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Two donkeys were killed in a fenced pen. The cat went over a 5ft fence to access the animals. It is sloppy wet down here and there were several paw prints that were the size of the palm of a mans hand.

Sorry, but the local paper in this metropolis only comes out every Wednesday. So, take it for what it is worth...

Palmyra? Ramsey? Corydon? New Salisbury?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Wasn't there a similar report to this somewhere like Greene county earlier this year?

I know someone lost a cow to a predator the same week my wife saw the mountain lion at our place in Perry county a couple of years ago...I even posted a thread about her seeing the cat....

[h=2]Wife swears she saw a Mountain Lion Sunday morning in Perry County.....[/h]
    I believe her......

At about 8:30 am EST (7:30 am local) I left our little shack to run up to the quickie mart (10 mile round trip) to get some breakfast...To you city dwellers questioning how good breakfast can be at a rural quickie mart let me just say...Like Grandma's...Rural quickie marts take their food making serious.....I left her sitting on the front porch sipping coffee and when I returned about 25 minutes later she was still there but had her "tub gun" (H&R 20 gauge with cut down stock and barrel) laying across her lap...

I raised my eyebrow up and said "Trouble in paradise and on the Lord's Day no less?"

"I saw a large animal...A cat...I think it was a mountain lion..."

"You mean a coyote..."

"No I mean a Mountain Lion..."

"Are you talking our bobcat?????"

"NO...I KNOW WHAT I SAW..."

I googled bobcat on my phone and hit google images and handed her the phone...

"YES!!! That's it right there..."

I grabbed my phone back and a photo of a mountain lion that was with the google bobcat images was clicked on....

Well things just got interesting...​

rimg.php

rimg.php

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I would encourage people not to trap or kill big kitties... if they are harming your live stock that's one thing, do what you need to do to protect your investment but please dont hunt or trap them just for fun.. no I'm not a tree hugging PITA wack job, I just love cats and there is no better example of a superior hunter/predator in the animal kingdom and many of the big kitties need our help(by "our help" I mean leaving them alone) to ensure they dont become a memory.. nothing as awesome as watching a big kitty stalk and claim its prey:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    I would encourage people not to trap or kill big kitties... if they are harming your live stock that's one thing, do what you need to do to protect your investment but please dont hunt or trap them just for fun.. no I'm not a tree hugging PITA wack job, I just love cats and there is no better example of a superior hunter/predator in the animal kingdom and many of the big kitties need our help(by "our help" I mean leaving them alone) to ensure they dont become a memory.. nothing as awesome as watching a big kitty stalk and claim its prey:)

Young master Atum Ra of Grace on High Bengals concurs!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    All jokes ass-ide, if this is true, it's kind of a big deal. Seems the DNR doesn't believe we have cougars of the 4 legged variety in the state

They seem to deny or ignore people who make claims. My in-laws were the first to report a bear sighting in the Borden area. The CO ( I will withhold name) called them everything but liars and stated they just wanted to be on TV. After confirmation of a bear in same area few days later I requested the CO apologize to my family for his actions. Of course they never got it.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I've seen video of a bobcat taking down a deer. Wrapped around the deers neck, and choked it out till the deer went down. And their paws are pretty big for their size. Would look bigger in wet mud.

Murphy is interested in hearing more about this technique...

IMG_0381.jpg

(dang ingo editor keeps rotating pic. grrr)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    They seem to deny or ignore people who make claims. My in-laws were the first to report a bear sighting in the Borden area. The CO ( I will withhold name) called them everything but liars and stated they just wanted to be on TV. After confirmation of a bear in same area few days later I requested the CO apologize to my family for his actions. Of course they never got it.

I experienced the same from our former C.O., the doubt anyway, regarding my wife's mountain lion sighting......

"Yeah...It was probably a bobcat or miss identification..."

"I've known you your entire life...I just think you all should be aware of it..."

Top Bottom