• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dybber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    South side Indy
    I ordered a gun part from Ruger close to 4 weeks ago and I received emails from Ruger that it was shipped and confirmation from UPS. I was later notified the package was delivered, except it wasn’t. I called UPS and was told they would look into it and would receive call back that day. After not call I called again and was told the same thing. No call by the next day so I called again and was told it was delivered.

I explained to them again it was NOT delivered. They said they’d look into it but could take 8 days and I needed to take it up with the shipper. I asked what proof they have the package was delivered. I was told there is not proof and they confirmed my statement that the driver could simply throw the package out of the truck and say it was delivered.

So so I called Ruger and went through it all again and was told all the same stuff. I was then told the package had been re-scanned into UPS showing the package was never delivered.

Now today, UPS manages to be able to deliver a pair of shoes with no problem.

I have two questions...

1. Has anyone had problems with UPS and gun parts...given that “Ruger” would be on the shipping label.

2. Am I being over sensitive?

Sorry for the long post but to me something seems amiss.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Just got a message from UPS that a pair of VZ grips have been "incorrectly sorted" and there will be a delay?

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Things have been amiss before without a doubt but this will probably turn out to be a "sign of the season". Good luck to you.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Not sure how big the part was but if it's about the size of gift cards it may have been stolen.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I know a dealer who only got the empty gun case when delivered by UPS, don't think the Feds let it go unnoticed.

When you get it I'll bet it has been re-taped or re-packaged.

Hillbilly

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Anderson
    This is a bad time of year for shipping. Things tend to get lost or delayed more around Christmas. Packages do occasionally get lost or mis-sorted. I had it happen twice to me this year. It's a pain to deal with, especially when it is a time sensitive item. I wouldn't read into it too much being gun parts. Sometimes it just happens.
    Until it is in your hands, it's the shipper's (Ruger) responsibility. Stay on them to make sure you get your parts. If it is lost or damaged, the shipper has to be the one to file the claim with UPS.

Good luck getting your parts.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    This is a bad time of year for shipping. Things tend to get lost or delayed more around Christmas. Packages do occasionally get lost or mis-sorted. I had it happen twice to me this year. It's a pain to deal with, especially when it is a time sensitive item. I wouldn't read into it too much being gun parts. Sometimes it just happens.
    Until it is in your hands, it's the shipper's (Ruger) responsibility. Stay on them to make sure you get your parts. If it is lost or damaged, the shipper has to be the one to file the claim with UPS.

Good luck getting your parts.

This is the exact reason I won't be sending my PPS in for recall work for at least a month or two.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    I order some stuff from Kmart, about $20 with shipping, but it didn't cost me anything.
    I get an email from UPS at 7:32pm on 12-19-18, telling me it was delivered.
    I check the front door, nothing. So I track the package. It was showed it was delivered at 11pm, this is about 8pm. It also showed it was delivered to Indianapolis, not Brownsburg, even showed someone signed for it. I have no idea who it was.
    Called UPS, they look into it. I made sure to point out it's not 11pm yet and I have no idea who the person was that signed. They will call me back.
    The next day, no call. I called back & they gave me the address it was delivered to, I Google Mapped to, nothing at that address. It's about 2 blocks East of the UPS hub, but the address doesn't come up as anything. They are still looking into it.
    Day 3, still no call. Called them back, this time they connect me to the department that looks into this. First person hung up on me, call back, I'm not happy. 2nd person tells me 8 days to look into it. I explained that the driver dropped off a package in Indy, not Brownsburg, had some one sign for it, and somehow dropped it off 2.5 hours after I get the email. I said something about me doing his job for him, I asked if he thought it was OK for the driver to just drop off a package at an address that doesn't exist, and keep doing it for 8 days.
    I then asked for his boss. I talked to the boss. He said you are right, something is going on.
    Turns out the address is a UPS/Amazon lot. My package is on a Amazon trailer that Amazon will pick up at some time, unload, find my package & put it on a different trailer, have UPS pick it up, then deliver it to me, but he can't tell me when. I got it today, 12-28-18

Good luck.

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    Just my experience here, but UPS home delivery is an absolute sh*t show. They screw it up every time for me. If I get my packages at all they are MANY days after originally promised, and usually it’s because UPS handed my package off to the jackwagons at the USPS.

FedEx, on the other hand, gets it right every time. They are usually a little more expensive, but my sanity is absolutely worth the few extra dollars.

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    Many times MidwayUSA sends packages UPS Mail Innovations, and the package gets lost or delayed somewhere between the Urbancrest OH UPS Mail Innovations facility and the USPS in Indy. I ordered gunpowder to be delivered by Fedex one time. On delivery day one, Fedex web site says "business was closed, will attempt delivery tomorrow. The next day, same message from Fedex. And same message on day#3. Problem is, this is not a business and I was at home, waiting for the package. Finally, on day#3, my son went to the Fedex facility in Kokomo and picked up the package there. I have a feeling my regular Fedex driver was not on duty during this time.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Just my experience here, but UPS home delivery is an absolute sh*t show. They screw it up every time for me. If I get my packages at all they are MANY days after originally promised, and usually it’s because UPS handed my package off to the jackwagons at the USPS.

FedEx, on the other hand, gets it right every time. They are usually a little more expensive, but my sanity is absolutely worth the few extra dollars.

We're the exact opposite. We like our UPS guy. He's always on time, respectful, a fellow shooter, is nice to our animals and they look forward to seeing him.

The FedEx drivers on the other hand can go pound sand, at best. Some of the things they've done are:
    Sit at the end of the driveway when returning my XDs from it's recall work. They sat there for a minute then drove away. I had the door open, it was a nice day. I saw them stop and I went out on the porch to wait. When they drove away I came back inside and checked the tracking. It was marked as customer not home, will attempt delivery the next day. Called and complained, was told too bad wait until tomorrow. Drove to the hub in Richmond (30 minutes one way) and complained. Was told tough crap wait until the driver gets back or tomorrow. I waited, chewed the manager and driver a new ass.

The lady driver cut ruts into our graveled base pad for the new pole barn less than 8 hours after the landscaping was finished by using it as a turn around spot. Yeah, we spent that money just so she could use if for that. Called and complained, was told tough crap. Not even an apology.

After the above incident we roped off the driveway halfway down to stop people from coming down the last 50' of our 300' driveway. Instead of stopping there she drove over my wife's flowers and through the front yard to get around the rope. Asked the lady what her problem was, she said the rope was in her way.

Same lady crossed the yard instead of coming down the sidewalk, going out of her way by at least 30 yards, then tried to mace our dog that was on a runner and nowhere near where she should have been. Wife saw her and flew out the door ready to kick her ass. Lady said she doesn't like dogs.

We were doing some remodeling in the back room and the rear house door was blocked off. We had a couple heavy boxes coming from a black friday sale this year. The guy put them up against the front door, that swings out, pinning it shut. It was raining and he put them their with no plastic. I didn't hear him come or knock. I checked the tracking an hour later and it said delivered. I opened the inside door and saw them pinning the screen door shut, too heavy to push. I had to crawl out a window to get out of my own F'ing house to get them. Had a kerosene heater going, had there been an accident I would have had no easy way out of the house. They got ripped for that one, called and got transferred around for at least 30 minutes, that pissed me off even more.

These are only a few of the FedEx tales we've got. I've stopped buying from places that will only ship via FedEx. It sucks, we liked ordering from Chewy but they won't ship any other way. I'd take a stoned DHL criminal than those ***clowns any day.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    When our regular guy is in the seat my packages are where I ask for them to be. They are inside and out of site. When the part timers are running hard during the holidays god knows where they will be if the even get delivered.
    On line is a convenience but it seems that the cost to ship and the poor service are making it not so convenient.

I order 2 cameras for my security system. They are shipped that night from a pieces in southern Komifornia. 3 days later they are in my hands. Box is about the size of a shoe box. Free shipping.
    I order a trigger and ignition controls from brownells. Envelope sized package. It took 12 business days to get to me and I paid shipping.

Midway is having the same issues.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus

It gets "handed off" to USPS because the vendor you bought from chose 'UPS Mail Innovations' which generally means extra waiting time at each step of the way. Fedex has the same service available that has the same results.

My experience has been the opposite of yours lately. UPS has done well while Fedex has delivered 2 separate shipments to me that were not mine and delivered 2 of mine someplace else...all in the last 6 weeks. Fedex just says to have the shipper call them.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Y'all will get more flies with honey than vinegar

When your regular driver makes a delivery, make it worth their while.
    USPS, FedEX, UPS doesn't matter... makes a big difference in the IDGAF attitude.

Otherwise, you're just another cranky ******* who's making their job difficult.
    And how badly do you go out of your way for *******s who make/made YOUR job difficult?

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Actually my delivery guy has been a friend of ours for years. Sometimes when he's running late, he'll come in for supper with us. Not his fault sorting hubs screw up.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I guess I have been lucky in ordering online. I expect some delay during the holidays, but everything we ordered was on time, if not earlier than expected. I ordered an AR kit and two lowers from PSA on 12/14. I got the kit within a week. My lowers took 12 days to make it to the FFL. I also ordered ammo right before Christmas and it all arrived two days ago. The It took some time for PSA to process, which I heard is common during the holidays. It also took a couple of extra days to ship because Christmas day was in the middle of it, but UPS is not to blame. We did have one small mistake with the mail carrier delivering for UPS. She had a couple of things to deliver one day. She gave me what my wife ordered, but forgot to give me what I ordered. That evening I tracked my package and it said it was handed off to me. The next day I had it. Again, I'm not blaming her. She, along with all the other rural mail carriers, were absolutely slammed this holiday season. There was some that were still delivering at 8:00pm.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    All the shippers are slammed this time of year, to the breaking point. In addition, they're juggling personnel in and out of routes unfamiliar to them. Mostly, they do a good job, IMHO. But that doesn't excuse bad, or lazy behavior by a few drivers. Make your voice heard. 10 complaints on one driver will get noticed by his supervisor, and that driver may get 're-assigned'.

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I ordered a gun part from Ruger close to 4 weeks ago and I received emails from Ruger that it was shipped and confirmation from UPS. I was later notified the package was delivered, except it wasn’t. I called UPS and was told they would look into it and would receive call back that day. After not call I called again and was told the same thing. No call by the next day so I called again and was told it was delivered.

I explained to them again it was NOT delivered. They said they’d look into it but could take 8 days and I needed to take it up with the shipper. I asked what proof they have the package was delivered. I was told there is not proof and they confirmed my statement that the driver could simply throw the package out of the truck and say it was delivered.

So so I called Ruger and went through it all again and was told all the same stuff. I was then told the package had been re-scanned into UPS showing the package was never delivered.

Now today, UPS manages to be able to deliver a pair of shoes with no problem.

I have two questions...

1. Has anyone had problems with UPS and gun parts...given that “Ruger” would be on the shipping label.

2. Am I being over sensitive?

Sorry for the long post but to me something seems amiss.

You are not being over sensitive. UPS does a great job delivering 99.9% of packages to me that are gun related pieces, parts or firearms. But.....the 0.1% that I have to deal with their customer service is a nightmare.

Yes I have had problems in the past with UPS.....

It isn't very frequent, but I recently had a package coming from a supplier with about 1K in parts in it. The tracking got really bizarre and showed some wierd scans. It never showed up to me and the shipper was notified as well. They filed a claim and UPS told them that I said it had been delivered ( I hadn't talked with UPS up to this point). Shipper followed up again and again and again. Finally, the package was delivered back to the shipper about 6 weeks later. Why it wasn't delivered to me is a question I never got answered. The shipper had already sent replacement parts to me, so it was a non issue.

On another occasion I had a customer ship a handgun to me and used a previous FFL address I had. I happened to be watching the tracking and when it said it was delivered and wasn't, I started looking into it. He actually had shipped it to my previous residence that I had moved from 1 yr prior. I called UPS and said you have to get the driver to pick it up...its a firearm. They said I could do nothing and shipper had to handle it. So he called and they told him they could do nothing since it was delivered to the address it was sent to. So......I called an old neighbor to knock on the door and explain the situation to the new homeowner. The package was still on the porch and supposedly had been signed for :laugh:. I was able to get the package, but that could have been a really bad situation.

Long stories short.....their customer service is bad for this type of thing. I am convinced that these issues go up exponentially during the holiday season. They have a lot of temp/holiday employees and anything that is gun related has a huge theft target on it during this time of year IMO.

Top Bottom