• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Looks like they are having a drawing for “sponsored” memberships on Tuesday.
    I’m kinda bummed, I moved fairly close and was hoping to get a membership. I know a few members but none well enough to ask that they come down to Martinsville news years morning and wait around to see if I get picked. They are also auctioning 5 memberships but once again they require a sponser.

If also says a sponser is on responsible for their sponsee for two years. I can’t help but wonder if they’ve had some trouble with new members.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Looks like they are having a drawing for “sponsored” memberships on Tuesday.
    I’m kinda bummed, I moved fairly close and was hoping to get a membership. I know a few members but none well enough to ask that they come down to Martinsville news years morning and wait around to see if I get picked. They are also auctioning 5 memberships but once again they require a sponser.

If also says a sponser is on responsible for their sponsee for two years. I can’t help but wonder if they’ve had some trouble with new members.

I'm not a member of any club but I've been a guest of the club my brother belongs to back in my home town. After seeing the damage people have done to that place, that seems like a good idea.

harleymac1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Morgan County
    I went down a few years ago for an auction of memberships. They were doing 10 that year and proceeds went to 4H Shooting Sports. Knowing how hard it is to get in I thought I would go down and bid up to 4 times the normal rate of $110. Almost every one of the memberships went for a minimum of $1200 and most went for $1500. I would love to et in but don't see it happening.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Oh golly gee! Pant, pant...the double-secret club has openings?

Save yourself some trouble, fella. And I say this nicely. Go someplace that wants you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh golly gee! Pant, pant...the double-secret club has openings?

Save yourself some trouble, fella. And I say this nicely. Go someplace that wants you.

If I could get into a club with these levels of "Give a crap" about who is in it that would be a win. It is the general public that tends to muck things up.

Just saying.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    If I could get into a club with these levels of "Give a crap" about who is in it that would be a win. It is the general public that tends to muck things up.

Just saying.

Agree. Love the clubs I am a member of...but at least the one, its amazing what even 'low levels of oversight' for membership allows in. They can't keep steel in good shape and people are always shooting stuff up they shouldn't.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Agree. Love the clubs I am a member of...but at least the one, its amazing what even 'low levels of oversight' for membership allows in. They can't keep steel in good shape and people are always shooting stuff up they shouldn't.

When the money is the issue that is what you will have. Everything revolves around finances. It is given.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Just saying.
    Was just there yesterday. Haven't been able to go much lately, but they have continued to make improvements since I joined 4 years ago. Yes it was rough for this old man to stay up all night in my car on New Year's Eve but worth it. Well-maintained, very reasonable annual rates (they went up from 100 to 125 last year - but worth every penny with all the improvements) and as you said, a high level of "give a crap" from the members. There's a reason that people don't give up their memberships much. Yesterday was probably as busy as I've ever seen it, but it was mostly handgunners. We had the 350 yard range to ourselves, and prior to that we had a 25 yard pistol/rifle bay to ourselves too. I'm glad they keep the membership capped at 500.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yep, glad to have the cap at 500. Last time I went was the busiest time I'd ever seen there on a Wednesday in the middle of the day. The back pistol bays were clear, but the rest of the ranges were busy with shooters, including the long rifle range.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I occasionally interact with one of the club leaders on a professional level and he always asks if I've been shooting lately and about my experience and how many shooters were there that day. The last time I was down there it was horrible! There must have been at least 2 other shooters there that day, one shot gunner and one hand gunner. Fortunately we were shooting the long range so we didn't have to wait around too long.:laugh:

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I've been a member for 6 years or so.
    Due to my work schedule I'm usually there on a weekday morning. I'm often alone or it seems like I am.
    The place is well maintained, members aren't shooting at things they aren't supposed to be shooting at and they pick up after themselves.
    These things are not always true at other ranges that I'm a member of.

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Was just there yesterday. Haven't been able to go much lately, but they have continued to make improvements since I joined 4 years ago. Yes it was rough for this old man to stay up all night in my car on New Year's Eve but worth it. Well-maintained, very reasonable annual rates (they went up from 100 to 125 last year - but worth every penny with all the improvements) and as you said, a high level of "give a crap" from the members. There's a reason that people don't give up their memberships much. Yesterday was probably as busy as I've ever seen it, but it was mostly handgunners. We had the 350 yard range to ourselves, and prior to that we had a 25 yard pistol/rifle bay to ourselves too. I'm glad they keep the membership capped at 500.

I remember that night buddy!!! We had a good time and kinda stayed warm. That was the last year they held new memberships to that process i believe. We need to get together and shoot some stuff up sometime soon.

It is a nice club and they have continued to improve it. That being said, I haven’t been in at least a year since i moved to the new property. I ALMOST gave up my membership this year but then came to my senses. I may use the 350yd range in the future.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I remember that night buddy!!! We had a good time and kinda stayed warm. That was the last year they held new memberships to that process i believe. We need to get together and shoot some stuff up sometime soon.

It is a nice club and they have continued to improve it. That being said, I haven’t been in at least a year since i moved to the new property. I ALMOST gave up my membership this year but then came to my senses. I may use the 350yd range in the future.

I remember it well too! Making Reubens on a propane stove in the back of my car, and standing around that big propane heater you had. And you're right, that was the last year for waiting in line all night. And we were only 5 people from NOT making it in I think!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Any guesses on how many will be there tomorrow, or what the auctions will go for?

as much grief as the club gets I don’t see many appreciating that 25 are simply a raffle with no markup and five are auctions for 4H donations.

They could easily milk new members for an initiation fee but do not. I haven’t met really anyone in management but Roger is very helpful and the place is always in great shape and has low annual fees. Gotta love it.

Top Bottom