• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Literally overnight it seems that the castleton Gander Outdoors closed their doors without any warning. I rode past them today and all merchandise was still inside the store including someones bike that had been paid for but wasnt ready to have been picked up. All that had been done was paper put over the windows. I was thinking it might have been a landlord disagreement but the location is also off the website.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I've been there a few times since they reopened under the new Gander Outdoors name, and there have always been more employees in the store than customers.

This doesn't surprise me.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Im more surprised at how it was handled as they didnt even give notice to a customer whos item was paid for but still in the store about the closure, also it seems one in wi closed as well.

honestly i hope they move this location to greenwood as it would have done alot better there.

jh101

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 5, 2014
    Carmel
    I thought something was up when I was in there last night. When I balked at getting a Primos blind for $180 (there was no price on it), the cashier kept finding ways to mark it down until he got it to $120. I took it. It sucks they are closing but as someone else pointed out, I never saw many customers in there.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Hell, the Gander Mtn near greenwood off 65 closed, its right in front of the shoot point blank. Sure is making it hard to browse firearms etc on lunches. Granted their prices were crazy, but it seems most firearms salse are edging towards Big R, Rural king, etc. Perhaps Walmart should wake up and open a handgun section, make money where others have stopped. Although I wouldn't be buying a firearm from Walmart, based on other items they would only carry hi-points.....

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Not a shock to me at all. Like Route45 said: "there have always been more employees in the store than customers."
    They failed to advertise this store after it re-opened. Everyone was already pissed off that they closed the first time.
    Poor job by the corporation.

And in other news: There is a new(er) 511 store right around the corner.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Heck, I never knew they kept that store open. I'd have gone up there occasionally, if they did. They sure didn't market it well.

Too bad. All that's left is Dicks, and I won't set foot in there anymore after their anti 2A shenanigans.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Heck, I never knew they kept that store open. I'd have gone up there occasionally, if they did. They sure didn't market it well.

Too bad. All that's left is Dicks, and I won't set foot in there anymore after their anti 2A shenanigans.
    Honestly i hate that all we technically have left is shoot point blank for easy to get .22lr, i dont count walmart as good luck getting someone to open the case if they even have ammo at all.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The couple of times I went into the new Gander I did find the prices much better than the old Gander. The new store also had employees that were willing to help you, which the old store sorely lacked. The biggest frustration I had/have is that to get the better prices you had to join a motor home club. I intensely dislike joining clubs to get a discount.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    Here's what the Gander Outdoors web site has listed as store locations:
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.ganderoutdoors.com/store-locator/list/[/FONT]

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I was just in there a couple of days ago. Dang.

I also found that the prices at the new rebooted version to be much better than the old Gander Mountain. I bought a couple of guns there recently at great prices (with the membership).

Agreed that there never seemed to be many customers however...

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Well I was curious if these new gander stores were any good, this seems to answer all my questions

That is your own opinion based off of a non personal experience. I on the other hand have thoroughly enjoyed the store in my area and I hate to say it but EVERYTHING has been cheaper than Cabelas. Gander even sends emails with $15 off $75 or other deals. I bought some .357/.44 Leverevolution for cheaper than online prices before shipping.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    I don't think the owner of Outdoor World and Gander telling people that voted for Trump he didn't want there business earthier.

Top Bottom