• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I have. A good while ago there was a gun on GunBroker that I have wanted for awhile that retails for $700+ and was at $400. It came with the case and three magazines. I put a bid on it for $405 and forgot about it. After a week went by I got a notice in my email that I won the auction at the $405 price. I was so surprised but did the things necessary to finish the buy and five days later picked it up at the gun shop. I guess weird things happen.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Yup been there.. mostly parts and stuff, but ... once I got a mk3 in awesome condition for $180ish shipped. Another time, I told a buddy I was considering buying his p320.. he took it as let meet and transfer. I went with it and was happy I listened to fate.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    When I clicked on the thread I was trying to imagine how one could accidentally buy a gun. So, I fell down a flight of stairs and when I reached the bottom I suddenly had a new HK and 500 dollars was missing from my wallet.

Now I understand. Putting in a very low bid with no real expectation of winning probably happens fairly often.

Last edited:

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Not a gun but lowball bid on a bass boat turned into three years of fishing with the grandkids.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I bid on a NIB gen 4 Glock 19 that had been cerakoted. Put the minimum bid, which was lower than I can buy at blue label price. Forgot about it and ended up winning the auction a week later. Now my wife has a pink G19....

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Did a similar thing on Gunbroker. Put in a crazy low bid on a rifle and was really surprised that nobody overbid. Gotta get lucky every now and then.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Not by accident but by mis-spelling... A USP-C in 357 Sig. I set my max bid on GB, I was the only bidder. Oh well. It was years ago, I believe he misspelled Heckler & Koch somehow. It was a dumb luck kind of thing. I got it cheap.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Browning SA-22 special edition octagon, nickel receiver, fancy wood. I knew they sold for 800, bid 500 on a no reserve auction; packed my bags, headed to Alabama woods to visit folks; checked emails a week later, and had won. Money was tight at the time, and never expected to win, but got it done. Have yet to shoot it; too many toys, not enough time, but I do fondle it. It's purdy.

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I used to go to antique car auctions in another lifetime.
    I put in a low bid to start the bidding b/c it was the last car to go through, and most people had left (this was here in Indy back around 1990).
    I got the car: 1970 Olds Cutlass with a 350 cu. in. with 4 barrel carb, green with green vinyl top.
    I bought it off the original owner: an older man, obviously.
    Drove and enjoyed the car for less than a year and sold it for what I paid for it. (had about 6 antiques in 2-3 yrs.)

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    Not a gun but lowball bid on a bass boat turned into three years of fishing with the grandkids.
    My wife often asks why I try to make deals on Craigslist and such.

Either they say no or we start negotiating.

And someday hopefully I'll get a deal like this for me and the wife or kids or even grandkids!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    At an auction a few years ago there was a 2 year old Chevy Avalanche. Like new but I had never thought about ine. The bidding stalled out low and I bid $5,000. It almost went through. Auctioneer was about to drop the gavel when someone else bid. It ended up selling for close to $20,000.

Oh, I did once accidentally buy a machine gun.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Somehow I knew this thread would involve Gunbroker. :): Like others said, not really an accident, but have put in what I thought were bids that would never go through only to wake up the next morning with the "Congratulations" email. Done that a few times actually. Honestly that's now become my new GB strategy. Place my max bid, shut the computer off and go to bed. Keeps me from getting into those "I'll just raise my max bid one more time." situations.

Top Bottom