• ...and so much more!
  • brucecrain

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Skipping NICS check

Indiana really need to adopt bypassing a NICS check with a LTC. As much as I enjoy filling out NICS checks, why does Indiana not already have the bypass in the law yet? I believe 25 states already do it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Indiana really need to adopt bypassing a NCIC check with a LTC. As much as I enjoy filling out NCIC checks, why does Indiana not already have the bypass in the law yet? I believe 25 states already do it.

I em allso fer scipping tha NCIC cheke. :rockwoot:

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Indiana really need to adopt bypassing a NICS check with a LTC. As much as I enjoy filling out NICS checks, why does Indiana not already have the bypass in the law yet? I believe 25 states already do it.

Ok, going to bed, I have to clear my desk early in the AM before I leave for court in Indy tomorrow.

Your answer: Indiana would need to spend money to update the Indiana State Police background check capacity to satsify DoJ. That will not happen.

Like a well-known INGOer says, follow the money.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Back in the Day "Larry" could have what appeared to be a Valid LTCH. "Larry" had/has an issue with "Mary", and his license gets revoked. But "Larry" don't care, and even though his license back then is Invalid, he goes to the Gun Store to see "Gary" and illegally buys a new Glock I would assume.

Until 1 Oct 2013.

DNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Northern IN
    IN licenses do not go through a federal background check only a state check. That is why an IN pistol permits do not qualify. Also I have heard a lifetime licence won't qualify. This is what I have heard at local gun store talk anyway.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    IN licenses do not go through a federal background check only a state check. That is why an IN pistol permits do not qualify. Also I have heard a lifetime licence won't qualify. This is what I have heard at local gun store talk anyway.

All Indiana background checks go directly thru the FBI.

Top Bottom