• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I was having a extraction jamming problem with my Taurus 1911. it has been a great functioning weapon.
    I called Taurus to find out if any special cleaning needed to be done and how to.
    The man at Taurus simply said, ship it back to us 100% warranty.
    Ship Via UPS or Fedex.
    Fedex is only a mile from me.
    UPS is over 10 miles and strange hours.
    I was charged $130.26 to ship to Taurus in Florida.
    It has been a while sense I shipped my Ruger to Arizona, +/- $50.
    It weapon was returned to me.
    I called Taurus and asked what was the shipping charge back to me.
    I was told that I could have paid Taurus $50.00 for a shipping label.
    I called Fedex and inquired why the $80.+ different.
    Fedex told they have an account and $50. was their account.
    My $130 charge was not unreasonable.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Jbv.gif

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    Was this post created by a random sentence generator?

Ok, I'll play this game:

An often unruffled bubble, a cup around a bodice ripper, and a wobbly bubble are what got Jean-Pierre into trouble. Most people believe that a darling pocket somewhat approaches a somnambulist living with the impresario, but they need to remember how completely a cleavage meditates. A clodhopper seldom gives a pink slip to the starlet inside a tenor.

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I was having a extraction jamming problem with my Taurus 1911. it has been a great functioning weapon.
    I called Taurus to find out if any special cleaning needed to be done and how to.
    The man at Taurus simply said, ship it back to us 100% warranty.
    Ship Via UPS or Fedex.
    Fedex is only a mile from me.
    UPS is over 10 miles and strange hours.
    I was charged $130.26 to ship to Taurus in Florida.
    It has been a while sense I shipped my Ruger to Arizona, +/- $50.
    It weapon was returned to me.
    I called Taurus and asked what was the shipping charge back to me.
    I was told that I could have paid Taurus $50.00 for a shipping label.
    I called Fedex and inquired why the $80.+ different.
    Fedex told they have an account and $50. was their account.
    My $130 charge was not unreasonable.

​BOHICA!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    simply put, it's volume, ups, fed ex, and the post office all want Taurus's business, therefore they'll get into a bidding war to get it, and tbh I bet Taurus isn't paying 50.00!, plus ups, fed ex or the post office will send vehicles to pick up their shipments, way back in the late 90's the company I worked for would ship so much at Christmas time, ups would have to send 3 brown trucks to our shop everyday, and there was a place not far from here that they'd park a 53 foot trailer in their dock everyday!, and I bet, they paid a lot less for shipping than even WE did! (we were in the top 10 shippers in western Kentucky volume wise)

2 years ago I shipped a 22/45 back to ruger, I called them and they emailed me a 2 day label(free shipping), I took it to fed ex kinkos, and a week later it was shipped back to the ups center(free) for me to pick up (had to be 21 to sign for it).

I agree with fed ex, with overnight shipping and insurance id expect 130.00 (you shipping as you, and not as one of the largest gun companies in America)

and for poops and giggles a 10 pound package going from my work location to Hialeah Florida (Taurus location)

next day air would be
    45.00 from my company (one of the largest media corporations in the us, we get awesome rates, but I bet Taurus gets better!)
    121.00 if I shipped it from a ups center

and for 2 day service would be
    25.00 from my company
    52.00 if I shipped it from a ups center

and lastly ground service
    9.00 from my company
    19.00 if I shipped it from a ups center

they didn't take your wallet did they?

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Taurus should have emailed you a shipping label.
    Some 1911's have a hard time with hollow point ammo, not sure if you were having issues with hollow points or not.
    If all else, go to an FFL and have them ship it back for you, much cheaper that way.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Oh buyer beware of UPS or FedEx. I get it now. I thought the OP was complaining about Taurus not shipping his gun or something.

OP next time just save the shipping and take it to a gunsmith. If the gun was running right before it was probably as simple as bad ammo, bad magazine or loose extractor tension.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Shipping has gotten absurd in the last few years, particularly international shipping. It also makes absolutely not sense.

My fiancee is an author and did a kickstarter for one of her novels. She ended up having a few international folks join in the funding. Unfortunately we found out it costs around $65 to mail a fricking book to Germany. Meanwhile, I can get on AliExpress and order stuff directly from China with free shipping, for stuff that costs me a couple of bucks.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    And this is one of the many reasons I just learned to fix them myself.
    Ain't it the truth! When I first started match shooting, I figured that I could probably learn to fix a lot of problems and that was way before the internet. Even with my buying quite a few gun specific tools over the years, I've saved a bundle of money. I do know my limitations and when stoning (removing metal) I always stop when I think, "It might need just a little more". I also get a pro to do things not in my wheelhouse. I haven't butchered a gun yet.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Shipping has gotten absurd in the last few years, particularly international shipping. It also makes absolutely not sense.

My fiancee is an author and did a kickstarter for one of her novels. She ended up having a few international folks join in the funding. Unfortunately we found out it costs around $65 to mail a fricking book to Germany. Meanwhile, I can get on AliExpress and order stuff directly from China with free shipping, for stuff that costs me a couple of bucks.

This is why shipping from China is so cheap:
    https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2018/08/01/634737852/episode-857-the-postal-illuminati

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    The reason I did and forever trust a manufacturer.
    In most cases it will be fixed right the first time. If not they will honor the re-repair.
    I will bet everyone out there has taken something to a so-called qualified repair shop.
    You pay a high repair cost. It was returned in the same condition worse.
    Then they want to pay for follow up repairs.
    They look you in the eye and say it is a different problem.

Well I have to eat my own words. I have a problem with my Sig 22 Mosquito.
    Jammed every mag and sometimes 2x.
    Sent it back for re-repair.
    I was told I needed to use GERMAN CCI 40grain ammo.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Taurus gets volume discount pricing, because all their guns eventually end up making at least one trip to Miami, for warranty work... :abused:

Top Bottom