• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    They are showing the bodycam footage of the Lafayette officer shooting the other day, and a statement from their police chief that there was "no negligence or carelessness" involved. However, if you watch the footage, one officer is following the officer-victim out a door with his handgun aimed at her back, and his finger on the trigger.

If you have evidence that AT LEAST two of the four rules were violated, how can you claim that there was no negligence?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Actually, if you watch the video you won't see a handgun in the male officer's hand who was following the female out the door, you can hear him reholster before he walks out of the bedroom. You'll also see that the round which struck the female officer came through the door and was fired by the third officer in the room.

It is not sufficient to simply watch. You must actually see.

My take on what happened? I haven't a clue. The last time the officer who fired was seen on camera he had his back to the front door, gun in his hand and was facing the dog crate.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The only time I can see the officer wearing the camera's trigger finger is in this shot:

ZVhv4Eyh.png

Clearly not on the trigger. You can see him activating his handgun light repeatedly with one hand on the gun which would indicate that, if anything, his finger wasn't on the trigger during that video. If someone saw a few frames where I'm wrong I'd be happy to look again.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'm glad you guys can pick that out of what I'm seeing. Looks more like a modern art without some sort of scale to me.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    My first thought was, why didn't they let the dog's owner remove the dog from the apartment before they searched it?

Wouldn't it be easier to hear a person moving around without that loud frenzied barking?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Here is the third officer in the room (on the right). He goes off camera less than a second after this still. I'm guessing he turned back toward the door at some point but can't be certain.

SzATiMNh.png

Here you can see the hole in the door and debris flying through the air as the officer is struck in the shoulder.

zihuJXQh.png

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Can't see what the officer who fired was doing at that moment, but the female officer is very lucky.
    The dog in the cage doesn't appear to be very aggressive.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Better breakdown of the incident. True, the bodycam footage did NOT come from the shooter even though the footage LOOKS like it did.
    https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesma...29a0s1W52jao7qE1e8ZdLYnNmZP5gmPEP66SwBkWTthcI

That's much better footage than what they showed on TV, which seemed to be cropped so as to not show the hole appear in the door.

I still question the "no negligence or carelessness" statement, or that the handgun discharged simply because he bumped the door (assuming he didn't have his finger on the trigger, since he wasn't being careless or negligent).

There's only two possible causes: he was violating several of the 4 rules, or; the firearm itself was unsafe and/or defective.

Top Bottom