Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Odd statement from police

They are showing the bodycam footage of the Lafayette officer shooting the other day, and a statement from their police chief that there was "no negligence or carelessness" involved. However, if you watch the footage, one officer is following the officer-victim out a door with his handgun aimed at her back, and his finger on the trigger.

If you have evidence that AT LEAST two of the four rules were violated, how can you claim that there was no negligence?

User Info Menu

Yep, His finger was on the " GO " lever...
    "Too much agreement kills a chat." ~Eldridge Cleaver

User Info Menu

Quality training right there.
    1911s are like Glocks except they are for grown-ups.

User Info Menu

Actually, if you watch the video you won't see a handgun in the male officer's hand who was following the female out the door, you can hear him reholster before he walks out of the bedroom. You'll also see that the round which struck the female officer came through the door and was fired by the third officer in the room.

It is not sufficient to simply watch. You must actually see.

My take on what happened? I haven't a clue. The last time the officer who fired was seen on camera he had his back to the front door, gun in his hand and was facing the dog crate.
    There's lots of ________ on here who don't fit your particular stereotype, smearing us with goofball sophistry is what is out of line. It just makes gunowners look like *******s.

- CarmelHP

User Info Menu

The only time I can see the officer wearing the camera's trigger finger is in this shot:

Clearly not on the trigger. You can see him activating his handgun light repeatedly with one hand on the gun which would indicate that, if anything, his finger wasn't on the trigger during that video. If someone saw a few frames where I'm wrong I'd be happy to look again.
    There's lots of ________ on here who don't fit your particular stereotype, smearing us with goofball sophistry is what is out of line. It just makes gunowners look like *******s.

- CarmelHP

Freelance Gynecologist Trigger Time's Avatar

User Info Menu

Shouldnt be activating his light one handed imo. If he has different training then I guess thats what he fell back on.
    Looking for 1 old sock, a half eaten sandwich, & a swig of RC cola.

User Info Menu

I always preferred a DG switch so I could keep my finger free from other responsibilities but not many had them.

- CarmelHP

User Info Menu

Sorry guys,
    Anyone have a link to this footage? I haven't seen it

Thanks

User Info Menu

- CarmelHP

User Info Menu

I'm glad you guys can pick that out of what I'm seeing. Looks more like a modern art without some sort of scale to me.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast