• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    Sadly last night many of us lost a friend. Niles ran the trail dust army navy store in Bloomington for last couple of decades. A great place to find unique and hard to find surplus items and good conversation. Not sure what the future holds for the business but let’s send prayers for the family and friends in their time of mourning.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    Dang, that's too bad. I spent many hard earned dollars there. The only place to get reloading supplies around B-town and a pretty good one at that.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Oh no, I was just in there a month ago.

I'll miss him and the source of local reloading supplies. The gent had primers back when others didn't.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Very sad. That gentlemen helped get me through the lean times on reloading supplies and factory ammo during the big panic, and he did it without gouging. I had a lot of respect for him.

SEMI-AK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sadly last night many of us lost a friend. Niles ran the trail dust army navy store in Bloomington for last couple of decades. A great place to find unique and hard to find surplus items and good conversation. Not sure what the future holds for the business but let’s send prayers for the family and friends in their time of mourning.

he was a good guy. I hate to hear this. Thanks for letting us know.
    I always liked it when we went to hang out in there. My youngest son liked to talk to him. Prayers for the family...

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    I have purchased there several times. Sorry his time was up. He was friendly and helpful. If I remember correctly he got to visit Russia a few years back. I'm glad he had the chance to go.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    I was really sorry to hear about this. I bought my first dog tag machine from Niles almost 20 years ago when I opened my store. He was a great guy and had an awesome store. I always referred people there if they lived south of Indy and closer to Traildust than me.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Trail Dust height of the panic ammo.

A9U805w.jpg

Top Bottom