• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Serious question, everyone here has a modicum of EDC items, but does anyone actually wear eye pro outside the range? I wear eye pro daily, since my eyes are light sensitive during the day. Does anyone back it up at night? Can you shoot through your windshield or side glass at night, without damage to your eyes, or a debilitating shard or fragment that temporarily blinds you, rendering you ineffective? I recently started wearing eyepro at night simply for the fact that I’m in a **** area of a ****hole town, and I get hungry late at night. Several weeks ago around midnight, I was waiting in line at the local fast food messycan joint, and was approached by a “fine citizen” of dubious living arrangements. He asked for help with his “ rent”, I was situationally unable to unass the situation as was dealt at this point. I refused to help with his “rent”, thereby causing a mini scene in said area. That night, although they were there, I wasn’t wearing my clear eye pro. Had I been forced to administer 124 grains of lead poisoning, backed by the healing properties of copper, would my eyes be better for it? I think not, so my paranoid self has since, been wearing my Radar Paths with the clear lenses installed for sundown runs to the border, or anywhere else. Can anyone else shoot through glass and not worry? Or am I overthinking life?

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    If your going to go as far as wearing 24/7 eye protection..... I think the more logical solution would be have some food in the refrigerator lol

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I do recall someone else starting a similar thread a year or so ago so you're not the only one thinking about it.

Personally, I wear glasses a majority of the time so I am somewhat less concerned, but there is some room to go with a tighter profile that would keep them tighter to the face and cut down on the gaps on the sides and top.

My car doors lock automatically when the car starts moving so honestly I can't envision too many scenarios where I'm going to need to shoot through my windshield or car window. A rare execption being one where I'm boxed in and it's clear incoming fire is going to be or is coming my way from someone in the immediate vicinity outside of the car. Not saying that situation could never happen, but I'm not in a gang and I don't do road rage, so not sure how likely it would be.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I see where you're coming from, but from where I'm standing that seems like over kill. As in one step down from wearing full on battle rattle when you go out. Maybe some non prescription eye glasses will suffice?

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Personally, I wear glasses a majority of the time so I am somewhat less concerned, but there is some room to go with a tighter profile that would keep them tighter to the face and cut down on the gaps on the sides and top.
    This may be one of the only shooting-related perks of wearing glasses. Hell, it may be the only perk at all.
    Hearing damage when from shooting inside a car might be a greater concern
    This is what I was thinking too. I can obey a command of "Put down your weapon!" even if I can't see, but If I can't hear that command, things might not end well.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I do recall someone else starting a similar thread a year or so ago so you're not the only one thinking about it.

My car doors lock automatically when the car starts moving so honestly I can't envision too many scenarios where I'm going to need to shoot through my windshield or car window. A rare execption being one where I'm boxed in and it's clear incoming fire is going to be or is coming my way from someone in the immediate vicinity outside of the car. Not saying that situation could never happen, but I'm not in a gang and I don't do road rage, so not sure how likely it would be.
    You never know when a random blue-eyed white guy in a red pickup will just start shooting into your vehicle for no reason though.

Top Bottom