• ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Looks like Franklin has done it again, making the Federal and State gun laws look stupid:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/01/17/franklin-armory-providence/

[video=youtube;2XS1fMBRJms]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XS1fMBRJms#action=share[/video]

Judging by the video, it looks like it's effectively a double-action gun that cycles the bolt on each trigger pull, kind of like a double action revolver, if it ejected the empty shell casing each time.

I wonder how heavy that pull is and what that does to accuracy. Also, it's not clear if it slam fires when the bolt is dropped, or if there is another action to fire it.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Looks like the answer to a question nobody asked. Yes, a double action style rifle that like any pistol, pulling the trigger pulls back the hammer to fire the weapon.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Looks like the answer to a question nobody asked. Yes, a double action style rifle that like any pistol, pulling the trigger pulls back the hammer to fire the weapon.

The only thing I can think is that this skirts some of the restrictions that some of the anti-gun states have specifically on semi-automatic guns... I guess.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    The question asked is how to get around semi-auto restrictions in CA, NY and other crazy zones. Not everywhere is as reasonable as here in IN.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    They appear to have invented the "double action rifle".

Much like last year's underwhelming headline grabber, it's more stunt than innovation.

....and whose definition of "semi-automatic" are they using?

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Unless my eyes deceive me this gun appears to fire "from an open bolt" and may be easy prey for an ATF letter both for the "open bolt" sear release and the likely ease of conversion to FA.

Top Bottom