Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

User Info Menu

2nd on USDS , great place and great guys

Quote Originally Posted by WebSnyper View Post
    Yep, need to know location.

My preferred is US Defense Solutions (they have recently increased to $20 for cash, when they used to be $15 for cash). I drive past a lot of FFLs to get there, because they provide good service, for a good price.
    If you can't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

User Info Menu

I've got it lucky. I have a friend who is an ffl out of his house. He charges me $10. Biggest problem, if you can call it that, is he's almost an hour drive each way, but i can shoot my new purchase right there on his property which is a huge benefit.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WebSnyper View Post
    Yep, need to know location.

My preferred is US Defense Solutions (they have recently increased to $20 for cash, when they used to be $15 for cash). I drive past a lot of FFLs to get there, because they provide good service, for a good price.
    Thank you WS and we are also open 7 days a week...just saying.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Seriously, I haven't paid a transfer fee for the last dozen or so purchases.
    I have at least two FFL's that will do my transfers for free, but we've been friends for years.
    They scratch my back and I scratch theirs...

I simply started going into the shops and offering my help, as well as patronizing their respective businesses.
    When I saw an opportunity to make theirs lives a little easier, I offered my assistance.
    I also sent many people into their shops, and they let the owners know who sent them.

One of my FFL's goes to great lengths to try to get me the best deals possible, often offering me purchases at his cost!
    On a recent purchase he was trying hard to keep the cost as low as he could. He told me his price, then told me my price.
    When he rang up the sale I had to remind him to charge me sales tax!

I've never felt like I've gone out of my way to please these guys. I do for them the same as I would for a neighbor, but they both appreciate and value the friendship.
    Dormant U.S.Marine/ NRA Benefactor-Life

Expert

User Info Menu

Well, you are gonna think I am a nut. With all the internet sales and such eating into the bottom line on so many shops, I pay them for the transfer even if they don't charge me.

Cheap price for a place to go and see a smiling face with the doors still open and the lights on.

It won't break me but could make life less stressful for them. And I have been blessed with some great shop owners also.
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...

Plinker

User Info Menu

Third for USDS. Chad and Eric are are great guys and are sure to help out if you have a question or need to see anything. You get to visit with Monty and GiGi if they are both working as well. Stop in if you are ever near County line and 37 and check them out if you have never been.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wizardfitz View Post
    2nd on USDS , great place and great guys
    Make that 4th USDS, they actually seem to appreciate the business unlike other shops that treat you like a leper for wanting to do a transfer. Most of the things I'm interested in are nearly impossible to find locally so its important to have a LGS that is willing and happy to do a transfer. There are other good ones in the area but none make it more convenient than USDS.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Cheapest Iíve found in Southern Indiana is Top Shelf Tactical

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2