Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

Gun transfer fee ?

I am thinking about trying to purchase a shotgun from an out of state seller. With the assumption the seller will require the gun be shipped a gun shop that will complete the transfer I am wondering what I should/can expect to pay as a fee for this service ?

Am I correct in thinking I will need to send the seller a copy of the gun dealer’s FFL license ?

Thanks in advance

User Info Menu

For the private out of state sale of a shotgun, he mails or ships it to your ffl. You pick it up at your ffl. That keeps it legal. I always ask my ffl if he's able to receive and give him a heads up. He also emails a copy of his license to the dealer if I'm buying from a dealer.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

$20 seems to be the charge for most around me.

User Info Menu

I've seen charges as low as $15 and as high as $50. Where are you located and I'm sure someone can point you to a proper place with better rates.
    It's all true!!! The Boogieman IS real, and you found him!!!

Plinker

User Info Menu

Unless you have a dealer you spend a lot of $$$ with I would call around to see who will give you the best offer. If you are a loyal customer some ffl’s will waive a fee for an occasional transfer.

User Info Menu

I pay $25, but it's impossible to beat the convenience of my guy. He let me pick up my last purchase at 10:45 PM.
    "The problem with internet quotations is that many are not genuine." -Abraham Lincoln

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CampingJosh View Post
    I pay $25, but it's impossible to beat the convenience of my guy. He let me pick up my last purchase at 10:45 PM.
    I haven't been up that late at night in a long time....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I haven't been up that late at night in a long time....
    I was getting home from a work trip that night.

Of course, it's been a long time since I saw bed before then anyway.
    "The problem with internet quotations is that many are not genuine." -Abraham Lincoln

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by boogieman View Post
    I've seen charges as low as $15 and as high as $50. Where are you located and I'm sure someone can point you to a proper place with better rates.
    Yep, need to know location.

My preferred is US Defense Solutions (they have recently increased to $20 for cash, when they used to be $15 for cash). I drive past a lot of FFLs to get there, because they provide good service, for a good price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast