• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    Here in Northeast Indiana we have about 5" of snow and still coming with predictions of 6" -10". I figured this was a good day to do a project I had been planning....I went to an auction a couple weeks ago and purchased a 12" x 18" metal briefcase for only $5....I had a roll of gray egg crate foam laying around and got the idea the briefcase would make a nice gun case.....

I did a little measuring and snipping and there it was...I like the way it turned out and it can easily hold 4 handguns....It came with an insert with multiple pockets that attached under the lid....perfect for magazines and such...All in all not bad for a mere $5.00 investment... P1.JPG P2.JPG P3.JPG P4.JPG

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    What a bargain! The only thing I'd be concerned about is having the exposed metal on the magazines rubbing the guns.

Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    What a bargain! The only thing I'd be concerned about is having the exposed metal on the magazines rubbing the guns.
    I have another piece of the same egg crate foam (not pictured) that I lay between the weapons and
    magazines...I thought of the same thing...Thanks!!

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I have several of those cases laying around that I used to use for storing microphones back when I had a recording studio. They came with the pluck and pick foam inserts. They only cost about $20 or so when new at Lowe's. I think I have about 10 or 15 of those. Now I am going to have to repurpose them for guns! Thanks for the reminder! I have them stacked out in my storage shed and will have to grab a few of them next time I am out there.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I have had a roll of it for a while...got it from a different auction but it can be bought at Michaels or Hobby Lobby also

Thank you!

I have two hard sided rifle cases that the foam has deteriorated to the point of being unusable. Headed to Michaels...

Top Bottom