• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KWIndy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2019
    IN
    Where you go to look for and buy used guns?

There is the classifieds here and a couple other forums I visit and Gunbroker. Any other good sites you all use?

CENTURIATOR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2018
    Saint Louis
    Gunbroker is the best option, lots of selection. Local FTF sales via Armslist is another good option, if you don't mind dealing with people FTF.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I used to frequent HoosierTopics and never had a bad experience. That said, I stick with INGO these days. Something bad can happen anywhere, but there is a little more accountability here.

usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    118   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    Used to search indiana gun club when I wanted to dream between trips in there. But last time I checked their search wasnt working.

Recoilgunworks seems to have police trade ins. Never bought a gun from them, but some trade in mags I was happy with.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    :+1:recoil gun works. He's in Seymour IN. I have a lot of guns from him. Got an unissued g23 fishgill from him last week. He had another one on Gunbroker that was bid up pretty high.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hard to beat GB if you are looking for older guns and revolvers. The LGS has to stock what most people want, and that's not antiques.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    GB is still your best bet in the end for a decent 3913. You need to make sure you check the sellers rating and always use a USPS money order. If someone refuses a USPS money order then walk away.

KWIndy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2019
    IN
    GB is still your best bet in the end for a decent 3913. You need to make sure you check the sellers rating and always use a USPS money order. If someone refuses a USPS money order then walk away.

What makes a USPS money order better to use than a certified check from my bank sent via UPS with tracking? I'm not being a wiseguy, serious question.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You might consider getting your post count up and or buying a site supporter membership on INGO to post a WTB add in the classifieds here. Who knows, there could be dozens of folks with those stashed away?

As stated above, INGO classifieds have mostly folks with some skin in the game here. :twocents:

:ingo:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Used guns? My local shop or INGO. Although I never really look to buy guns anymore. If I see something interesting I might pick it up. Form a relationship with your local shop and doors will open. If I see something interesting on a INGO I will research the seller a bit by looking at their old posts. If the seller doesn’t pass the sniff test I move on. Personally I am not interested in gunbroker, armslist, gun shows, etc.

Edit: I see the OP is looking for a 3rd gen S&W. Local gun shows are your best option. Although I think there was in the case at my LGS not long ago.

Last edited:

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I've used INGO a lot and have met some good people. Never a bad experience.

Recently saw a great deal on a pistol off of Armslist. Sketchy individuals and won't be doing it again.

Top Bottom