• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Colt New Frontier .22 at 11th birthday. Chosen for me, did not make any selection.

First gun I remember "selecting" was Glock M17 in high school.

Snapped Colt in half while shooting it in undergrad.

Taught me that guns break. Find a gun you like, buy multiple copies.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Ruger MKII Target, a present from my father when I was 10 years old. Great handgun to learn fundamentals with, and contributed to my lifetime love of shooting.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Also a Ruger MKII. Bought it myself in about 1986. Sold it and a later S&W 469 when SWMBO was scared of them and we had a baby on the way. Now have a stainless MKII Bull Barrel. Always shot well with the old MKII. Not so much with the 469.

Last edited:

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    My first was a Taurus PT-92 in 1991. I bought it because of my familiarity with the Beretta 92 in the military. I was still on active duty when I bought the Taurus and I still have it. It does wear different grips now.

Riflemen14

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 15, 2010
    Wells County
    S&W 645, nice heavy handgun. Nice to shoot. Lead me to want another handgun, a 4" S&W 28-2. Then start of many, a 70 series 1911 GI. Still have my first 1911. The 645 and 28-2 I do not. Found the 1911 to be my favorite, most accurate and fun to shoot.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    H&R 686 .22/.22 Mag. Loaded and unloaded with a cowboy style gate purchased for me about 1981.
    It’s in the bottom of Deer Creek canoe flipped while night fishing about 1983. I even tried a big magnet several times to no avail it sleeps with the catfish.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Beretta 92 FS.
    I grew up around guns but with a dad who didn't teach me a thing

I simply thought if it was good enough for the US Army, it was good enough for me.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Glock 23. I've bought other Glocks because of it. I've also bought several other guns in .40. My best friend had bought one a year earlier and I really enjoyed it and on paper it looked just as good as any others.

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    H&R Model 949 blued 22LR. 5.5" barrel, loading gate, cylinder pin, ejector rod, and looked like a SA revolver, but it was a DA, 9-shot cylinder. Only complaint was a heavy trigger pull, but I have regretted getting rid of it. Eventually traded it for a new Ruger MK2 Target. I had gone to Downham and Sons in Logansport in search of a Ruger Single Six. They didn't have any, but the price on the H&R was good.

Most silly gun I ever purchased was a plastic framed 9mm pistol in 1988. It had flimsy plastic sights, a polygonal rifled barrel, and an ugly nitride finished slide. Made by some upstart gun company in Austria. After the plastic sights fell off, I replaced them with Novaks. Otherwise, this G17 has worked exceeding well over the last 30 years. I have replaced the trigger spring at least once, maybe twice. And that gun company is still in business.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    206   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Ruger Mark 1 Target Model in 1975. Have sold it twice and bought it back twice.

Note to self; It could probably use a little exercise. Been awhile.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Springfield Armory 1911A1 in .45ACP.
    This was back in the day when you had to put them together.
    Belonged to one of my roommates in college.
    He needed cash and I was working part time.
    It was your typical 1911 of the time, would only feed FMJ.
    I spent a lot of time and money on it and actually got it running really well.
    Ended up selling it to a guy I worked with who shot it and fell in love with it.
    He kept bugging me and offering me more $ every payday.
    It finally got to the point where I could have bought a new one.
    He was on the Bremen auxiliary police department and needed something better than the Bersa he was carrying.
    Learned a lot about 1911s and how they function.
    Also helped me figure out what works and what doesn't.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    A Frankenstein 1911A1 that followed me home from the USMC. Remington Rand slide with an Ithaca receiver. Even by Marine Corps standards it was wore out. It taught me not to shoot until you can smell what kind of gum they were chewing...

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Smith and Wesson 657

Wanted a somewhat big bore revolver and found a 41 mag I liked before a 44 so went for it. Bought some revolvers since thin but just learned I like semi autos better but if I want a big bore, revolver is the way to go. Plus throwing a silencer on a revolver isn't as easy as a semi auto

Was the start of my gun whoreness

Top Bottom