• ...and so much more!
  • Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Its Friday Sat and Sunday!????

Yes, this is not the old Tri-State promoter. I forget who it is but I thought last time they were at Stout Field they had better vendors but fewer of them. If I remember, the small room is not used like with Tri-State.
    Maybe the vendors weren’t better, just a few different ones that I wasn’t used to seeing. Still didn’t find any Hornady 8026 match ammo.

Matt

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Yes, this is not the old Tri-State promoter. I forget who it is but I thought last time they were at Stout Field they had better vendors but fewer of them. If I remember, the small room is not used like with Tri-State.
    Maybe the vendors weren’t better, just a few different ones that I wasn’t used to seeing. Still didn’t find any Hornady 8026 match ammo.

Matt

Gunslinger show this time.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Did anyone attend on this Friday evening? Curious if there were any venders there on Friday

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Did anyone attend on this Friday evening? Curious if there were any venders there on Friday
    I got there shortly after they opened at 3. They were setup much like Tri-State does and were using the smaller room. Roughly half of the tables were empty in the small room. In the main hall, maybe 60% of tables were occupied. There were several tables with product but they were covered and no one tending them. I probably spent less than 30 minutes there and left empty handed.

Matt

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Small show, disorganized, and vendors must be smoking something illegal because the asking prices on most everything were silly, ridiculous and crazy. More than one guy was asking $300 for a pistol I’ve seen regularly for under $200 on most internet vendors. Seriously? How about ammo prices? All the .22 LR bricks I saw could be had for less at Cabelas. An awful lot of junk firearms like the type you would take to some ill conceived local police buy-back. What a waste of time. Sorry.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I went out there today and I agree that the prices from a lot of the vendors were very optimistic. I was able to negotiate a fair price on a collectible Contender barrel, so it was worth my time. There were more T/C single shots at this show than I have seen at the 1500 in the last 10 years. I don't think there was more than 1 or 2 FFL's in the building, most tables were private collections.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    GREAT SHOW!! Free coffee, tables of firearms,ammo and GREAT conversation! My daughter and I went spent a cpl hrs killing some time, being with folks that like the same things I do. If the prices are to high WALK AWAY, ask if they'll take less or in this case have a good laugh.

I have to admit the price were high on just about everything but hey these folks can be proud of their stuff just like the rest of us!

I bought a cpl lbs of powder and a brick of CCI Blazer 22lr ($20) I dont think that is to awful bad!!

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I think the worst pricing I saw was new, standard 30rd Pmags for $30 each. Initially I thought they may have been different caliber or something making them special but upon closer look they were just standard mags.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I saw two different vendors with 22 LR for $2/box. I think that's very fair pricing, but didn't buy any. I scored some Malaysian 223 for $4/box.

Bought a nice old foreign military revolver for $180 less than the asking price - that high sticker price you see can be negotiable! It's one of the rarest firearms I own and for the folks who know me that is really saying something!

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I went out there today and I agree that the prices from a lot of the vendors were very optimistic. I was able to negotiate a fair price on a collectible Contender barrel, so it was worth my time. There were more T/C single shots at this show than I have seen at the 1500 in the last 10 years. I don't think there was more than 1 or 2 FFL's in the building, most tables were private collections.

There sure were a heck of lot of T/C single shots as this show, and in a very wide variety of interesting calibers. Let me guess, you got the .357 Mag "Hotshot" barrel ;) - I looked at it too...

FYI - I also saw a nice custom H&R single shot rifle in .17 Mach IV complete with forming and FL dies and the price seemed reasonable...seemed like something that might interest you, so I thought I would mention it. :ingo:

Top Bottom