• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    So, H&R stops making the Topper, CVA subcontracts it out to someone. Then Rossi makes them, now a Ghana bush gunsmith... So, when I can expect these to hit Bud's Guns shelves? :D

That form of weapon has been serving the entire world for generations, is far more reliable than other designs for harsh use. I remember reading in a magazine when I was a kiddo about tribes in South America that would trade bolt action milsurp rifles they used for hunting for a "Topper" style shotgun because they can keep them running with rudimentary metal working skills, few tools and Bic pens for springs.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Damn, who knew making it illegal wouldn't actually eliminate the production/transportation/sale/possession but rather push it onto the black market.
    :dunno:

Oh, wait a minute...

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Can't stop the signal. A guy with a lathe in his garage is always going to be five steps ahead of dumb gun-grabber laws.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Politicians in California and New England have declared a War of Guns. I predict it will have less success than the War of Drugs. The only thing it will accomplish is making criminals out of law abiding citizens. Imagine how many guns and parts kits have been stockpiled by U.S. gun owners over the past ten years.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    IIRC the same kinds of shanty shops started in the phillipines when marcos banned guns. Now they've become an export business

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Politicians in California and New England have declared a War of Guns. I predict it will have less success than the War of Drugs. The only thing it will accomplish is making criminals out of law abiding citizens. Imagine how many guns and parts kits have been stockpiled by U.S. gun owners over the past ten years.

It's amazing how many people rant and rave all day long about how awful the War on Drugs is, then turn around and act like doing the exact same thing against gun ownership is somehow a valid policy.

Top Bottom