• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    2am...nothing good happens after midnight. You're either going to wake up next to something you really don't want to or you're going to get shot...if you're lucky.

Oh, look, it's o'dark time to get the flock out of here and go home.

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Credit to the fine man (or woman) in blue for applying a tourniquet and saving someone’s life.
    [FONT=&quot]Im sure hope they are able to track this person quick
    [/FONT]

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I saw in the story they loaded the witnesses on an Indy Go bus. Did they change the signage from the bus route to "uncooperative witnesses"?? Joking, kind of... not.

The tourniquet and FD across the street (yeah I mapped the address and zoomed) was interesting. Must've been spewing pretty bad for using a tourniquet.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Update: arrest made. Good to hear, there was literally a busload of witnesses...

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – IMPD detectives have arrested a 38-year-old man for his alleged involvement in Saturday morning’s east side bar shooting that left five shot.

Dejuan Brown, 38, has been arrested after detectives believe he was the shooter. Witnesses states Brown had been involved in an earlier disturbance inside Brotherman Tavern, located in the 2900 block of N. Sherman, and was removed by security. He allegedly returned with a firearm and shot five people.
    Three men and two women were shot. All victims are expected to survive.

https://fox59.com/2019/01/27/38-yea...lleged-involvement-in-east-side-bar-shooting/

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I saw in the story they loaded the witnesses on an Indy Go bus. Did they change the signage from the bus route to "uncooperative witnesses"?? Joking, kind of... not.

The tourniquet and FD across the street (yeah I mapped the address and zoomed) was interesting. Must've been spewing pretty bad for using a tourniquet.

And I thought it was a head injury. Well, that will definitely stop the bleeding. :):

It's hard to believe that people still leave the comfort of their own homes to go drink at bars.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    2am...nothing good happens after midnight. You're either going to wake up next to something you really don't want to or you're going to get shot...if you're lucky.

Oh, look, it's o'dark time to get the flock out of here and go home.

True, it looks like a dilapidated abandoned building from the picture. Victims from 35-57, you may have to question your life choices if at 57 you are at a dive bar at 2am.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    True, it looks like a dilapidated abandoned building from the picture. Victims from 35-57, you may have to question your life choices if at 57 you are at a dive bar at 2am.

2 a.m. is almost time for me to get up for the day! :): But in all fairness, it's not so much that it's a "dive bar". It's about the neighborhood the dive bar is in. Location, location, location! ;)

Sometimes, it's like Neil Young said...

"See the losers in the best bars.
    Meet the winners in the dives.
    Where the people are the real stars.
    All the rest of their lives."

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Grand pap always said "son, if you don't want to be in a bar fight, don't go to a bar". I always found that to be good advice.

Good advice. :yesway: Quite awhile back, a buddy of mine played in a little band. One night they played down in Franklin at a place called "Chiggers". I don't know if it's still there or not. They had chicken wire in front of the stage to shield the band from flying bottles, ashtrays, etc.. (Good indication that you should turn around and leave). Apparently it was affectionately known as "The knife and gun club".

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Good advice. :yesway: Quite awhile back, a buddy of mine played in a little band. One night they played down in Franklin at a place called "Chiggers". I don't know if it's still there or not. They had chicken wire in front of the stage to shield the band from flying bottles, ashtrays, etc.. (Good indication that you should turn around and leave). Apparently it was affectionately known as "The knife and gun club".

Franklin, Indiana?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Those were some of our favorite places to hang out in another life.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    The Fire station across the street is Station 10. The Brightwood Brigade. 5 or 6 years ago I had a buddy stationed there. He told me that they were not allowed to go into that bar for a 911 call. They had to go out of the bar for EMS help. Now I don't know how true that was, but I could see the firemans union addressing that. -Jason

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Those were some of our favorite places to hang out in another life.

Fortunately it was a pretty well-behaved crowd when my buddy's band played. There was a factory across the street if I remember right, or at least close by. I guess when pay day rolled around, that's when things tended to get sporty. :):

Top Bottom