• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    So, the wife wants to go to NY, probably drive. I know our license is good in Ill and Penn but not in NY. We will be staying with a relative in Penn but will be frequenting NY for vacation during that week. Is there no legal way for me to carry my firearm?

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    So, the wife wants to go to NY, probably drive. I know our license is good in Ill and Penn but not in NY. We will be staying with a relative in Penn but will be frequenting NY for vacation during that week. Is there no legal way for me to carry my firearm?
    Dude, if my wife asked me to go to New York I would file for divorce... I am not even joking!! Shes from Texas (thank our Heavenly Father) but I would tell my wife, I'm staying home and if that's not ok we need to find a divorce attorney. You could not pay me a billion dollars to step foot in that liberal **** hole. I would seriously face execution before going there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, you are more forgiving than I am. If my wife said she wanted to go to NY I'd say "Have fun! See ya when you get back!"

No interest whatsoever. I've even passed on several training classes and conferences because they were being held there. Absolutely ZERO interest in going to that state. (same with CA, NJ, and *Vegas)

*Yes I know thats not a state

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Don’t even think of driving through New Jersey with a weapon on the way to New York!!! Carrying a weapon in NY? Seriously? Fuggegabout it!!! You are entering two of the most Anti-2A states in the country. As an example, NJ’s new 10 round magazine limit just went into effect and instantly made 10’s of thousands of its law abiding gun owners criminal by way of possible felony charges. As the Colonel said to Rambo- DONT DO IT!

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have driven into the east coast and met the people. I have a word of advice............"WHY"

That said if you must go no you will not be carrying....legally.

Last edited:

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I'm LEOSA qualified and carry either a Sig P938 or a Colt 1911, both with seven-round magazines, and I still avoid going to NY or NJ. Especially NJ.

So, as others have noted: "have a great time there, hon!";)

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    Yeah, I have to go lol. I dont do well in crowds as it is due to my profession. And shes wanting to go for the 4th of July and all that jazz. I tried telling her that it looks the same in Muncie and Id hold up a Statue of Liberty toy in front of her for effects lol...she didnt bite. At least I know Im good in Penn., its crazy how we accept their license/permit/whatever you want to call it, but they accept NO ONES! Time to google size and type of bladed object Im allowed to have on my persons......

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    A knife will get you arrested just as fast as a gun. If they see a pocket clip you are done. A lot of places have metal detectors. You have been warned.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We've gotten complacent because we haven't had any recent terrorist attacks. Besides the fact that they wont allow you to defend yourself, going on a major holiday would be of higher risk.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Big boy rules. You have to decide. Don’t get pulled over, don’t consent to search, CONCEAL ALWAYS(that means dress around your edc, and not the other way around), DON’T do stupid things, in stupid places, at stupid hours, with stupid people, and you can go about your day as if nobody knew you were carrying. Intestinal fortitude isn’t for everyone, but I myself, know that even if I go to prison for defending my family, it was better than the alternative. Rules, laws, signs, are for the sheep to stand in line for slaughter. IANAL, didn’t stay at a Holiday Inn, and don’t even play a doctor on TV, I live my life as a pirate asking permission from no one. If I’m caught, it will make national news!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Yeah, I have to go lol. I dont do well in crowds as it is due to my profession. And shes wanting to go for the 4th of July and all that jazz. I tried telling her that it looks the same in Muncie and Id hold up a Statue of Liberty toy in front of her for effects lol...she didnt bite. At least I know Im good in Penn., its crazy how we accept their license/permit/whatever you want to call it, but they accept NO ONES! Time to google size and type of bladed object Im allowed to have on my persons......
    Pretty much any blade is illegal in NYC. In theory, you can have a teeny ting knife, in practice, not so much.

Top Bottom