Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Wife wants to go to NY...Im already stressed

So, the wife wants to go to NY, probably drive. I know our license is good in Ill and Penn but not in NY. We will be staying with a relative in Penn but will be frequenting NY for vacation during that week. Is there no legal way for me to carry my firearm?

User Info Menu

Doesn't appear to be a solution for you. I'd just make my trips to NY as quick as possible.
    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Proverbs 18:2

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kramer5702 View Post
    So, the wife wants to go to NY, probably drive. I know our license is good in Ill and Penn but not in NY. We will be staying with a relative in Penn but will be frequenting NY for vacation during that week. Is there no legal way for me to carry my firearm?
    Dude, if my wife asked me to go to New York I would file for divorce... I am not even joking!! Shes from Texas (thank our Heavenly Father) but I would tell my wife, I'm staying home and if that's not ok we need to find a divorce attorney. You could not pay me a billion dollars to step foot in that liberal **** hole. I would seriously face execution before going there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Yeah, you are more forgiving than I am. If my wife said she wanted to go to NY I'd say "Have fun! See ya when you get back!"

No interest whatsoever. I've even passed on several training classes and conferences because they were being held there. Absolutely ZERO interest in going to that state. (same with CA, NJ, and *Vegas)

*Yes I know thats not a state
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

Donít even think of driving through New Jersey with a weapon on the way to New York!!! Carrying a weapon in NY? Seriously? Fuggegabout it!!! You are entering two of the most Anti-2A states in the country. As an example, NJís new 10 round magazine limit just went into effect and instantly made 10ís of thousands of its law abiding gun owners criminal by way of possible felony charges. As the Colonel said to Rambo- DONT DO IT!
    Last edited by bgcatty; 01-26-2019 at 16:49. Reason: Typoq
    If you always do what you've always done you will only get what you've always gotten.

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Tell her to have fun with her relative and you stay home and take of the dog!

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

I have driven into the east coast and met the people. I have a word of advice............"WHY"

That said if you must go no you will not be carrying....legally.
    Last edited by churchmouse; 01-26-2019 at 17:29.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

I'm LEOSA qualified and carry either a Sig P938 or a Colt 1911, both with seven-round magazines, and I still avoid going to NY or NJ. Especially NJ.

So, as others have noted: "have a great time there, hon!"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sharpetop View Post
    Tell her to have fun with her relative and you stay home and take of the dog!
    "Courage is Being Scared to Death, but Saddling up Anyway" - John Wayne

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    I have driven into the east coast and met the people. I have a word of advice............"WHY"

That said if you must go no you will not be crying....legally.
    Oh, yes, if he must go, he might well be crying!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast