• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Just an FYI, Castleton has a factory 5.11 store behind the old Gander, next to Jacks Pizza. Nope, everything is the same price as the website, so MSRP. They do have deals on close out stuff, and they have a BRC kiosk for you caffeine fiends. Friendly staff, and product experts, as opposed to the gun store commando types. Dropped a few hundred there over the last couple of days. The non tactical Defender series of pants are very good pants just so you know. No wait, but yes, you have to pay sales tax, and MSRP.

stymie12000

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Bripple
    I've stopped in a few times in the last month.

Great selection. The help is friendly and knowledgeable!

I bought a 5.11 belt from cabelas online. It was dropped shipped from 5.11 warehouse to my house. This was before I realized there was a 5.11 store down the road from me. The belt didn't work for me. So I went to the store and they exchanged the belt out without question!

Also while I was there I brought a 1.5 year old belt that started to fray. They warranty exchange it for me! Great customer service.

They also have patch of the month. First 100 customers to spend over x amount of money every month gets a free patch!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I've stopped in a few times in the last month.

Great selection. The help is friendly and knowledgeable!

I bought a 5.11 belt from cabelas online. It was dropped shipped from 5.11 warehouse to my house. This was before I realized there was a 5.11 store down the road from me. The belt didn't work for me. So I went to the store and they exchanged the belt out without question!

Also while I was there I brought a 1.5 year old belt that started to fray. They warranty exchange it for me! Great customer service.

They also have patch of the month. First 100 customers to spend over x amount of money every month gets a free patch!
    Alas, with sales tax, and MSRP, I don’t think they will be popular with the INGO crowd. They really are friendly and knowledgeable, and they have damned near everything in stock, in right and left hand threads, but I’m betting that this will be one of their failure stores(there’s about 50, stores not failures.)

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Thank you, I also order from AAFEES, (Mil PX/BX) and they ship free, but I got to stop by then for the bunch of other stuff they have.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I stop in every time i'm in Castleton it seems like. It's a nice store i've bought two pairs of their jeans which are very comfortable and a new leather belt. They had some nice sales around Christmas time and got a nice rain jacket for my wife.

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    Nice to have a place to go to try them all on. I don't have much luck ordering pants online because all the brands fit so differently. I'm looking forward to going in there, trying them all on, and figuring out which ones work... and in which sizes.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Nice to have a place to go to try them all on. I don't have much luck ordering pants online because all the brands fit so differently. I'm looking forward to going in there, trying them all on, and figuring out which ones work... and in which sizes.

Definitely try them on, I had to get a size smaller than what I wear in other brands.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Definitely try them on, I had to get a size smaller than what I wear in other brands.

I stopped in just to try on a battle belt and get an idea on sizing. I wear a size 38 waist pant so I figured I'd start with an XL sized belt. It barely made it around my hips. It was like I was wearing half an oval that only covered my back. I had to go up to XXXL to get anywhere close to the coverage I was looking for. And keep in mind that's still with the 4-6" gap in the front to accommodate the buckle of the rigger belt.

Boy did I ever feel like a fat ass.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I stopped in just to try on a battle belt and get an idea on sizing. I wear a size 38 waist pant so I figured I'd start with an XL sized belt. It barely made it around my hips. It was like I was wearing half an oval that only covered my back. I had to go up to XXXL to get anywhere close to the coverage I was looking for. And keep in mind that's still with the 4-6" gap in the front to accommodate the buckle of the rigger belt.

Boy did I ever feel like a fat ass.

Belts are good for that I think I had to get a 40-42 inch or something like that.

Runt1122

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Fulton County
    Just an FYI, Castleton has a factory 5.11 store behind the old Gander, next to Jacks Pizza. Nope, everything is the same price as the website, so MSRP. They do have deals on close out stuff, and they have a BRC kiosk for you caffeine fiends. Friendly staff, and product experts, as opposed to the gun store commando types. Dropped a few hundred there over the last couple of days. The non tactical Defender series of pants are very good pants just so you know. No wait, but yes, you have to pay sales tax, and MSRP.

Had no idea, thanks for the information! Will need to check it out next time I am down that way. They have more than just clothes and belts?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not a fan of their dress belts. My multiple year old BioBelt still looks better than the 5.11 belt did after 3 weeks. Finish sucks on those things and is not durable at ALL. My IWB clips tore it to shreds, and anything I rubbed up against left permanent scratches.

Doug B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    I was in there during Xmas. Bought some pants on sale. They look great, feel great, but have a TON of static cling. I gotta spray them down with that static guard otherwise they stick to my legs like shrink wrap. Once I spray them down, I'm good all day long.

Picked up a dry fit shirt golf shirt from the sale rack. It's great.

Stuff there is a bit pricey. I can't see them staying in business in that location, however.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Not a fan of their dress belts. My multiple year old BioBelt still looks better than the 5.11 belt did after 3 weeks. Finish sucks on those things and is not durable at ALL. My IWB clips tore it to shreds, and anything I rubbed up against left permanent scratches.

My older one still works/looks fine, I don't use clip holsters though.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    If you guys didn’t know you can shop online at AAFEES as a veteran.
    You don’t have to be Active Duty or Retired anymore to shop online just for the actual stores on post.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I must have had a bad one.

My biobelt (from a Hoosier no less) was also a fraction of the cost. I think I spent less on 2 bio belts than I did on my 5.11.

I had the same experience you did. My 5.11 belt looks like hell and the leather wrap was scuffed, scratched and torn after the first year.

I moved onto Daltech Force belts and haven't looked back.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I was disappointed that the 5.11 store doesn't even stock anything in dark navy at the Castleton location. They said it was because of retailer contracts for police/fire/ems uniforms that they are geographically too close to encroach on.

Top Bottom