Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Info Menu

P80 builds can be done reasonably if you follow gun deals on reddit. 17 and 19 slides are listed pretty consistently for $130-$150. Barrels can be had for under $75 at Combat Armory. After that, it's just pieces here and there.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Anyone know of a local shop that stocks them? Just 80% frames.

Mike
    Last edited by 63PGP; 02-01-2019 at 08:55.

User Info Menu

If anyone is building a 19, Aim has blem slides for $119.95 with free shipping.

https://aimsurplus.com/aim-2s-slide-...-nib-blem-sale

Plinker

User Info Menu

so i got it together (took a lot more filing than i expected my fingers are raw lol) took it to the range and put 100 rounds through it 70 went through perfect of the other 30 i had a pretty even split between failure to feeds failure to eject and failure to go into battery. im going to disassemble tonight clean and look for anything that has excessive wear and file that back down. will report back with any findings. and will try to get pics up later tonight.

all in all im really enjoying this project and if i am able to get this to function properly i will be building more as time goes on.

Plinker

User Info Menu

on all of the failures to feed the round was stuck on one side or the other side of the feed ramp

Plinker

User Info Menu

I'm currently working on a p80 build aswell. Its going to be a g34...that seemed to be the best bang for my buck. I got the frame for 85 bucks on clearance from brownells. Found a lone wolf slide for 180 and a p80 builder 34 threaded barrel for 110. Hoping to have it done in the next month.20190208_190559.jpg

Plinker

User Info Menu

just a quick update. she runs perfectly 100 rounds no issues. ill take pics tonight and upload tomorrow and explain what i had done wrong and what i found.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Glockenheimer View Post
    I'm currently working on a p80 build aswell. Its going to be a g34...that seemed to be the best bang for my buck. I got the frame for 85 bucks on clearance from brownells. Found a lone wolf slide for 180 and a p80 builder 34 threaded barrel for 110. Hoping to have it done in the next month.20190208_190559.jpg
    It's so rewarding once you've gotten everything to function properly. take your time filing that lower down. i rushed it at first and thats why i had those issues. keep us updated on your build!

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mrrogers91 View Post
    just a quick update. she runs perfectly 100 rounds no issues. ill take pics tonight and upload tomorrow and explain what i had done wrong and what i found.
    Please! Been thinking about building one of these, but feeling a bit intimidated.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I didnt get a chance to mess with it last night. but im headed to the range tonight and will disassemble and get pics tonight, scouts honor.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast