• ...and so much more!
  • indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    How much $$$ do you guys have in these builds? Slide, Great sights, great trigger, threaded barrel, etc... stuff adds up quick.

Or is this one of those "don't do the math" kinds of things? :ar15:

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    How much $$$ do you guys have in these builds? Slide, Great sights, great trigger, threaded barrel, etc... stuff adds up quick.

Or is this one of those "don't do the math" kinds of things? :ar15:
    I would also be interested in the cost.
    I did some research into this a year ago and slides are so expensive, that it is cheaper to just buy a stock glock.
    I understand that it's not all about being cheaper, but I kinda wanted it to be. :spend:
    Does anyone have a line on slides?

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    P80 builds can be done reasonably if you follow gun deals on reddit. 17 and 19 slides are listed pretty consistently for $130-$150. Barrels can be had for under $75 at Combat Armory. After that, it's just pieces here and there.

mrrogers91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    so i got it together (took a lot more filing than i expected my fingers are raw lol) took it to the range and put 100 rounds through it 70 went through perfect of the other 30 i had a pretty even split between failure to feeds failure to eject and failure to go into battery. im going to disassemble tonight clean and look for anything that has excessive wear and file that back down. will report back with any findings. and will try to get pics up later tonight.

all in all im really enjoying this project and if i am able to get this to function properly i will be building more as time goes on.

Glockenheimer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2019
    Dyer
    I'm currently working on a p80 build aswell. Its going to be a g34...that seemed to be the best bang for my buck. I got the frame for 85 bucks on clearance from brownells. Found a lone wolf slide for 180 and a p80 builder 34 threaded barrel for 110. Hoping to have it done in the next month. 20190208_190559.jpg

mrrogers91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    just a quick update. she runs perfectly 100 rounds no issues. ill take pics tonight and upload tomorrow and explain what i had done wrong and what i found.

mrrogers91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I'm currently working on a p80 build aswell. Its going to be a g34...that seemed to be the best bang for my buck. I got the frame for 85 bucks on clearance from brownells. Found a lone wolf slide for 180 and a p80 builder 34 threaded barrel for 110. Hoping to have it done in the next month. View attachment 74553
    It's so rewarding once you've gotten everything to function properly. take your time filing that lower down. i rushed it at first and thats why i had those issues. keep us updated on your build!

Top Bottom