• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    So we look at a Sporterized rifle today and we blame it on BUBBA.. But more likely we should be blaming it on large companies like Sears and the NRA for chopping down rifles.. and in this case charging a premium to do it..

1966 Sears Catalog.. Had to pay more to get them chopped up back in those days..

2nhq3b9.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    And Bannerman before them with the Krag carbines. I still like my Bannerman carbine, it association with the company gives it some additional history.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    And Bannerman before them with the Krag carbines. I still like my Bannerman carbine, it association with the company gives it some additional history.

Oh please do not start that again.. next you will have indiucky running over that cliff like a lemming in heat..

God knows there are many sins to be placed at the hands of the Bannermans.. Many ghosts still roam the castle ruins.. but this is not one.
    your NRA is responsible for many. Maybe all of those carbines...

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long-guns/432211-springfield-1898-krag-sporter-6.html

Now 30-06 Mosins, Oh Yeah I think they did them all.. One of those Ghosts with many many links..

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I don't want to hijack this thread but have any of you looked through Numrich's "closeouts" lately?

Garand walnut unissued stock: $29.95 (Imported back from Italy), used: $7.95.

M1C Griffin & Howe scope mount with base, screws and pins: $119.95.

M1D scope base, rings and hand guard: $99.95.

They have reproduction and USGI flash hiders for M1 carbines, elevation and windage knobs for Garands and more.

All I can say is, "I got mine!"

Go to Numrich's site and look on the top banner for "closeouts" and take a towel for all the slobber and sweat...

Jt22453

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    Greenwood
    I don't want to hijack this thread but have any of you looked through Numrich's "closeouts" lately?

Garand walnut unissued stock: $29.95 (Imported back from Italy), used: $7.95.

M1C Griffin & Howe scope mount with base, screws and pins: $119.95.

M1D scope base, rings and hand guard: $99.95.

They have reproduction and USGI flash hiders for M1 carbines, elevation and windage knobs for Garands and more.

All I can say is, "I got mine!"

Go to Numrich's site and look on the top banner for "closeouts" and take a towel for all the slobber and sweat...
    Thanks Mongo! Can use some of the carbine stuff on there and always wanted a flashider. Usually about 70-80 bucks if you can find one.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I love Bannerman.....Every sporterized rifle that comes in here is a Bannerman....I'm going to get a reprint Bannerman catalog and wallpaper the farm's walls with it.....

I may get this back tattoo.....

bannerman_castle_wall.jpg

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I love Bannerman.....Every sporterized rifle that comes in here is a Bannerman....I'm going to get a reprint Bannerman catalog and wallpaper the farm's walls with it.....

I may get this back tattoo.....

bannerman_castle_wall.jpg

A few years back I took my mom to have dinner with one of her old friends, and the friend had just gotten back from a cruise up the Hudson river. I asked her if she had seen Bannerman's castle? She gave me the queerest look, and finely asked how on earth I knew about that? She gave me an even stranger look when I replied that I have one of their catalogs.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    A few years back I took my mom to have dinner with one of her old friends, and the friend had just gotten back from a cruise up the Hudson river. I asked her if she had seen Bannerman's castle? She gave me the queerest look, and finely asked how on earth I knew about that? She gave me an even stranger look when I replied that I have one of their catalogs.

You have not lived till you have seen a horror movie or a play on Bannerman island.. When the fog comes in you can hear the bell of the Pollepel trying to make it to the safety of the harbor.[h=2][/h]

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    That's what people wanted in those days. Rifles for hunting and target shooting.

Surplus military guns were cheap and available by the crate, very few were collecting them. They were modified to meet the market demands. Times change.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    That's what people wanted in those days. Rifles for hunting and target shooting.

Surplus military guns were cheap and available by the crate, very few were collecting them. They were modified to meet the market demands. Times change.

There is a picture in the shop of my dad ca 1972 posing with and antelope and an A303 Remington that has been sporterized....

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011

40 years from now the rage will be nice light weight sporterized rifles and start chopping them down again..

Top Bottom