• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    I just received my 03 ffl and have a few questions. First do I need to log all the C&r guns I already have? And second what do I need to record if I happened to sell something?

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    Preexisting do not need to be logged in. All new acquisitions and any C&R 'disposed of' (sold), including preexisting, must be logged.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Why would a preexisting firearm have to be recorded when sold if it wasn’t recorded to begin with?

Probably because at that point, you're conducting a transaction as an 03 FFL holder. Just a guess, but I've got one myself and those are the...:rules: Note, this only applies to C&R eligible firearms of course.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Do you need a license to buy 50+ year old guns? I'm guessing it's to have purchases shipped directly to you and not an FFL, which would save you money because the license is $30 if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Looked it up. $30. $30 renewal after 3 years. Allows you to receive c&r items directly. Good thing to have for buying old guns.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Be sure you understand the differences between 01 and 03 FFLs. Your duties with an 03 are pretty minimal by comparison to the 01. And there's lots of misinformation out there on how the 03 works...

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Be sure you understand the differences between 01 and 03 FFLs. Your duties with an 03 are pretty minimal by comparison to the 01. And there's lots of misinformation out there on how the 03 works...

Also some 01's won't ship to 03's and if you walk into a store some dealers have no idea how to proceed with you.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Would not advertise that you got a 03 just to build up your collection!

Why? I mean it says right on the license Collector of Curios and Relics. It's kinda the main reason to have one.

CR-FFL-License.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Why? I mean it says right on the license Collector of Curios and Relics. It's kinda the main reason to have one.

IKR!

Anyways, everything that is C&R listed (M1903 Springfield, CZ-82, that old .22 from your grandfather) that you acquire or dispose (i.e. sell) while you are licensed, must go into your log book.

Doesn't matter if it's a FTF deal, shipped direct to you, or a dealer made you fill out a F4473, log it.

Make copies of your license and sign those. Put the original in your safe (preferably unsigned).
    Scan one of those signed copies and send the PDF off to the big dealers (e.g. AIM, Southern Ohio, Empire Arms) for them to put on file.

Top Bottom