Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HR8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    In case ya'll have forgot, the our Republican president has a veto.

...so you can feel safe knowing that, lol
    At one point would have felt safe with that but not anymore. If he has to go into "save his a$$" mode who knows what deals and decisions he will make.
    Steve

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by amboy49 View Post
    ... the basic premise for the bill is to require a formal transfer for ANY gun sale with paperwork a must. Includes sale, gift, loan, or any other transfer of a firearm to another person. Would make it a felony to fail to comply...
    This is how it is in CA now.

Quote Originally Posted by HubertGummer View Post
    Scary stuff because the only way to enforce that would be to have all guns registered so they know when a transfer has taken place.
    Aaaand that's their total goal.
    Some idiots are too busy knowing it all to ever learn anything

User Info Menu

Vetoes can be overridden.

We are living in the same US that thought prohibition was a great idea about a century ago, and foisted the Affordable Care Act upon us when everything lined up just right. It only takes a moment when the conditions are just so.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phylodog View Post
    More unenforceable BS. What will they do about the 100 million firearms already in circulation that they can't determine the current owner of?

Morons
    dont forget the ones at the bottom of lakes from boating accidents.
    http://s6.postimg.org/q3wk2jfe9/Sulu_Shields.jpg

01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01100100 01101111 01101101 00100000 01000110 01101001 01110010 01110011 01110100 00101100 00100000 01000011 01101111 01101110 01100100 01100101 01101101 01101110 00100000 01000011 01101111 01101110 01100110 01101111 01110010 01101101 01101001 01110100 01111001

User Info Menu

^^This^^
    I sunk, I mean, lost my guns years ago.
    Operation Desert Storm Veteran, Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran, For God and Country.

DNS
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Bill just passed out of committee, full house vote within next couple of weeks. Call your congressmen!

Ark

User Info Menu

Mister "take the guns first, due process second" is gonna save your rights with a veto?

LOL, Trump is an authoritarian gun-grabber too.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by amboy49 View Post
    Anyone heard of or about proposed House Bill HR8 ? Submitted by a California Democrat. I read a brief overview. As I understand it, the basic premise for the bill is to require a formal transfer for ANY gun sale with paperwork a must. Includes sale, gift, loan, or any other transfer of a firearm to another person.
    Not to go against the grain, but I've been in favor of this for years. To me it only makes sense to have the purchaser properly background checked when selling. Yeah, you can opt to do it now (if buyer and seller agree), but I do think it should be the standard. I don't like gun rights being dumped on, but I'd be OK with proper transfers for all sales.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sngehl01 View Post
    Not to go against the grain, but I've been in favor of this for years. To me it only makes sense to have the purchaser properly background checked when selling. Yeah, you can opt to do it now (if buyer and seller agree), but I do think it should be the standard. I don't like gun rights being dumped on, but I'd be OK with proper transfers for all sales.
    Sounds great in theory, let's vet EVERY firearms recipient, but there are so many other considerations. Let's start with, what's a "sale"? When money changes hands? When I gift one to my son?

Then the other hordes of issues with the effectiveness of a universal background checks. The guy who is selling a stolen gun for cash to a convicted felon is not going to be slowed down for one second. Laws like this just increase the burden on otherwise law abiding citizens.

Welcome to INGO!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sngehl01 View Post
    Even though some people may hate this, I'd be fine with background checks IF we, as private individuals, were able to call NICS. The fact that it creates an extra expense for any transfer due to having to go through an FFL is my reason for being opposed to this. I already do a bill of sale for any gun coming into or out of my collection, a quick phone call while the buyer looks over his purchase wouldn't hurt me.
    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Proverbs 18:2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast