Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: HR8

User Info Menu

HR8

Anyone heard of or about proposed House Bill HR8 ? Submitted by a California Democrat. I read a brief overview. As I understand it, the basic premise for the bill is to require a formal transfer for ANY gun sale with paperwork a must. Includes sale, gift, loan, or any other transfer of a firearm to another person. Would make it a felony to fail to comply. Also, would prohibit gun ownership by persons 18-20 years of age.

Pelosi is now Speaker. I expect more of this type of legislation will be introduced.

Apologies if if this is a duplicate.

User Info Menu

Scary stuff because the only way to enforce that would be to have all guns registered so they know when a transfer has taken place.
    "Shall Not Be Infringed"....What part of this phrase is confusing?

User Info Menu

Iím not touting this because I started this thread. However, only one reply so far ! Hell, the post about where to shoot a rifle got 44 posts. Better wake up folks ! To quote a line from the movie ďNext of kinĒ - you ainít seen bad, but badís comíin !

If you arenít a member of the NRA, the Gun Owners of America, The Second Amendment Foundation or all three youíre part of the problem. If you are voting for a Democrat in any election youíre part of the problem. I may not see it in my lifetime since Iím soon to be a septegenarian but younger folks who think that total private ownership of guns being outlawed canít happen should take notice. It is/will be a death by a thousand cuts with the Dems slowly but certainly chipping away at private ownership of guns notwithstanding the Constitution.

Look to Australia as to what could easily happen in the United States. Check out states like Illinois where legislation is being proposed to require serial numbers on EACH cartridge and legislation proposed in Washington ( or Oregon ) to restrict ammo purchases to 20 rounds per month.
    Itís coming boys and girls. Better wake up, that is, unless itís not ALREADY TOO LATE ! !
    Last edited by amboy49; 02-04-2019 at 12:16.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Their game is the same as Obama's, fooling "us all" on healthcare. They're just gonna keep talking about it and talking about it until it becomes assumed to be good. The media is with them on this.

The only way to shut them up is beat them at the ballot box.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HubertGummer View Post
    Scary stuff because the only way to enforce that would be to have all guns registered so they know when a transfer has taken place.
    Exactly, and that is their goal.
    Just for argument sake let's say it passed.
    Now, let's say bubba ignored the new law and sold Cletus his granddaddy's shotgun. Unless someone besides the buyer and seller were a witness, did the transaction really take place after the law was passed, or before? Who's to say?

Such a law WOULD be impossible to enforce, shy of a complete and unabridged list of ALL firearms inside the United States.
    Even then, the authorities would need a database available to all law enforcement agencies simultaneously. Knowing how government agencies like to work together....
    yeah, never-mind.
    Dormant U.S.Marine/ NRA Benefactor-Life

User Info Menu

Proposed by a California Demoncrat. They just keep on givin'. Getting sick of it.
    It's ok! I'm an INGO member!

Todd Young (R-IN)
    https://www.young.senate.gov/contact

Mike Braun (R-IN)
    https://www.braun.senate.gov/contact-mike

Find your U.S. Rep
    http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

/l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

User Info Menu

More unenforceable BS. What will they do about the 100 million firearms already in circulation that they can't determine the current owner of?

Morons
    There's lots of ________ on here who don't fit your particular stereotype, smearing us with goofball sophistry is what is out of line. It just makes gunowners look like *******s.

- CarmelHP

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

They'll talk this outrageous stuff. Then their nose under the tent will be the "common sense" background checks. We know what that is, but most don't.

Casual gun owners that don't follow closely fall for the "90% of gun owners agree with background checks," inflated lie that gets told and told and told. Especially the young and less experienced at life crowd that thinks free college and healthcare is a good idea.
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

User Info Menu

In case ya'll have forgot, the our Republican president has a veto.

...so you can feel safe knowing that, lol
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    In case ya'll have forgot, the our Republican president has a veto.

...so you can feel safe knowing that, lol
    Nope.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast