• ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Some rideshare drivers admit to carrying guns after two Valley attacks
    After a pregnant mom driving for Lyft was killed, and an Uber driver survived having his throat cut:
    "How many people do you know that drive are carrying guns," asked ABC15's, Zach Crenshaw.
    "At least four or five, other than me. All females," said one woman driver.

After the recent attacks, more Valley drivers are risking their income to pack heat.
    "I was just talking to somebody today that said he was going to start carrying," she said. "A lot of us don't feel safe anymore."
    Another driver posted a picture in a rideshare group of a gun near the driver's seat, captioned, "Always by my side."
    Arizona being a constitutional carry state, they don't have to wait for a license.

zer0day

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2019
    Munster
    I carry despite company policy of not permitting firearms on company property. The bad guys don't give a **** about company policy. I can get another job, but not another life.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Why should these drivers be defenseless? Remember, when their safety and seconds count, the police are always minutes [perhaps many] away!

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I would never dream of doing a rideshare shift unarmed. Screw the company policy. It's a dial-a-victim service.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    My wife and I used an Uber to get to the airport in Indy once so as not to leave a car there. Naturally, we struck up a conversation with the young lady driving us and at one point she volunteered that she always carries when working. I doubt it is uncommon.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    It's a stupid policy. Besides, aren't ride-share drivers driving their own private vehicle anyway? How is anyone going to know if they're carrying or not unless a situation arises where they would actually have to draw their weapon?

Top Bottom