• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    Border patrol agent Wei Xu is accused of selling restricted firearms in California. Apparently using his law enforcement credentials he purchased several pistols that were not on the California approved list for ordinary citizens, then turned around and sold them for profit without using an FFL. Of particular interest he also allegedly sold an auto sear and a short barreled rifle which I have to presume will account for the lions share of potential jail time.

I would love the commentary of anybody with inside knowledge of the workings of California gun laws as the linked article was written by someone painfully ignorant of firearms and firearms law!

https://splinternews.com/prosecutors-border-patrol-agent-illegally-sold-dozens-1832395463#amp-Qcn1rUlBGuXVMEfYUtlq5_hD41y5j9vHxXyS-kU-hJyQ3DCx0NGdqvRzFbZXtVwR

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    File under "prohibition doesn't work". There's always somebody dealing drugs, running guns, or running moonshine, and half the time it's the authorities who are cashing in.

The dummies in the California legislature have thrown in the towel on drug prohibition and illegal immigration prohibition, but for some reason they still think gun prohibition works.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Is this one of those stories you hear about Japanese soldiers being found on deserted islands that didn't know the war was over? Maybe this guy used to work for Eric Holder. ;)

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Even an officer has to have a stamp for his personal SBR. In Indiana anyway. Then there's the state's not stepping on federal laws so I assume it's the same there.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Seriously? What was this idiot thinking? Hopefully the judge who will handle the case is not some libtard touchy-feely liberal who thinks this nut job can be rehabilitated. Not!

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    Having escaped from CA six years ago I can say that article is not flawed. LEOs are exempt from the laws for the common man and are allowed to buy 'off roster' guns. They are allowed to later sell them at a later date, although there is no specific 'hold time' listed anywhere in the exemption.

"I bought it, shot it and decided I didn't like it" is 'legal' for LEOs.

There is also no limit to the number of off roster firearms they are allowed to buy or transfer. The are supposed to follow the laws when 'disposing' of these special guns. In CA all firearms must now be transferred through a 01FFL and are subject to the waiting period. The fact that he sold/transferred anything outside of a 01FFL is where the big issue really lies.

Hope he hangs hard and long.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    He violated commiefornia laws which themselves violate the Constitution of the United States of America. Unfortunately two wrongs still don't make a right.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I get it. "Shall not be infringed" only applies to some people. We like onerous him laws enforced against people we don't like for one reason or another.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Having escaped from CA six years ago I can say that article is not flawed. LEOs are exempt from the laws for the common man and are allowed to buy 'off roster' guns. They are allowed to later sell them at a later date, although there is no specific 'hold time' listed anywhere in the exemption.

"I bought it, shot it and decided I didn't like it" is 'legal' for LEOs.

There is also no limit to the number of off roster firearms they are allowed to buy or transfer. The are supposed to follow the laws when 'disposing' of these special guns. In CA all firearms must now be transferred through a 01FFL and are subject to the waiting period. The fact that he sold/transferred anything outside of a 01FFL is where the big issue really lies.

Hope he hangs hard and long.

Not sure if you're condemning him, or wishing him well... Kinda like an Irish blessing. "May the wind be at your back and the road rise up to meet you, and may you always hang hard and long." :):

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    He violated commiefornia laws which themselves violate the Constitution of the United States of America. Unfortunately two wrongs still don't make a right.

"One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws." - Martin Luther King Jr.

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    So LEOs can sell an off roster gun to a non LEO? I understand all sales in Cali have to be through an FFL.

Yes. The roster is for 'importing' not possession or transfer. Once an off roster gun is in CA, it can be transferred to any legal purchaser. You can move to CA with whatever you currently own - excepting anything class3/NFA or mags with a capacity greater than ten(10) rounds. Once registered you can sell them if you wish.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I'm glad our forefathers didn't have the attitude that some on here have, or we'd still be subjects of the Crown.
    Personally, I hope he gets a judge that understands what "Shall not be infringed" means!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom