Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chef1231 View Post
    What is going on with this company. My buddy at work had a problem getting a scope sent to our work address and now I can't even get them to hold a package at a Fedex hold location. I gave them a location to hold it at and they said they would wave the $15 fee, who charges that in the first place. Then they called me back to ask if I would let them hold it at another spot 9 miles away, I said sure. Now this morning I see it is being held 30 miles away and won't be there till Friday. Calling them this morning to just tell them to keep it and I will spent the extra $40 at basspro and just pick it up today. I have heard about bad customer service but creed got in the way and I couldn't help but order from them. Meh, never again.
    It helps if you have your own fedex account and set your own holds. To do that you HAVE to have it shipped to your residence (the fedex/ups/usps accounts link to your home only) then once it has shipped hop onto fedex or ups and do your own shipping magic through your own account. For the shipper to do it, it can be a real hassle and sometimes not possible depending on where the box is and where you're wanting it to be. Changing deliveries midstream also delays at least 1 day, I've had ups delay a week or more because they generally don't have a route getting the box from where it was supposed to deliver from to a ups store location easier for me to get to without leaving it on my porch for a day. I don't think optics planet is your problem as much as trying to change an enroute delivery. Sometimes it adds to the shipping cost and you can't expect them to eat that fee.

User Info Menu

Never had a problem with them over the years. They have had holsters in stock that Midway had on backorder for months.
    CTD will never see my $$
    LA police gear screwed me over on an item while I was in Iraq and they can kiss my ass. It may not have been personal on their part but the lack of give a damn by CS made an impression

Bob

Shooter

User Info Menu

No idea what you guys are talking about. I've ordered dozens of things from them, get fantastic prices and get what I order. Best prices are available via their online chat.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I've only ordered from them through Amazon for several years. No issues that way, and if there were I know Amazon has backed me the few times I've had an issue with something I bought through them, even if not from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by clayshooter99 View Post
    I last ordered from them about 5 months ago, and for a total of about 6 years now. Everything has always been perfect with them, sorry to hear of these recent problems and that will raise my guard in the future although at this point I have no intent to ban myself from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapper Jim View Post
    I have spent thousands there over the last 7 years and have a great relationship with them. Flawless and great CS. They were one of the first to integrate the new logistics which is now an industry standard. The one return that I had to do (my fault) they credited my account before they even got the item back. Not sure why a few have problems but would suggest they should just buy from storefronts?
    Quote Originally Posted by 700 LTR 223 View Post
    Never had any problems in the few times I've ordered from Optics Planet , in fact just had a Vortex Venom arrive from them a few days ago.
    This is unfortunate to see. I too have ordered from them many times but the last time has been more than a year ago.

Rifle Optics and stuff our crowd likes is not their bread n butter, I don't know if that is a factor or not.
    "A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

User Info Menu

I order a display Aimpoint from their website, like other mention in reality was out of stock but they held my $600.00 for week. When I told them just sell me a regular item for the sale price since you lied about been in stock they said absolutely no, horrible experience will never buy from them.

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by venenoindy View Post
    I order a display Aimpoint from their website, like other mention in reality was out of stock but they held my $600.00 for week. When I told them just sell me a regular item for the sale price since you lied about been in stock they said absolutely no, horrible experience will never buy from them.
    Basically my experience Xs 2.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

NOT "The Call Center" wtburnette's Avatar

User Info Menu

Have ordered from them 3 times, twice were horrible experiences. One of those was through Amazon and Amazon didn't help. Ordered Grey laminate grips for a Victory 22. Took forever and received Yellow grips that looked like crap. Called support, emailed support, contacted Amazon and still took forever to get my money back. Amazon said they would be able to send me the right grips while I held onto the wrong ones and when I got them I could send the wrong ones back. OP said nope, won't do that. I told them to issue a refund and they kept screwing with that, trying to charge me a restock fee and all kinds of BS. Took a month to get them to finally refund the full amount. Never ever again. There are way too many other places that offer similar prices that don't play stupid games like that. Never once during this entire fiasco did they apologize for sending me the wrong product. F OP...

Plinker

User Info Menu

Seems they have set their own destiny!!!!!

Plinker

User Info Menu

I have used them twice not so recently but both were good experiences. Maybe something has changed or I just had good luck. I will definitely think twice about using them from now on.

Perpetually Peeved Poultry AngryRooster's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blakec221 View Post
    I have used them twice not so recently but both were good experiences. Maybe something has changed or I just had good luck. I will definitely think twice about using them from now on.
    I think you just had good luck. I've heard these horror stories for the last decade. It's been at least that long since I ordered from them and had my problems.
    Less & less amused every day...
    INGO #466

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast