• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    What is going on with this company. My buddy at work had a problem getting a scope sent to our work address and now I can't even get them to hold a package at a Fedex hold location. I gave them a location to hold it at and they said they would wave the $15 fee, who charges that in the first place. Then they called me back to ask if I would let them hold it at another spot 9 miles away, I said sure. Now this morning I see it is being held 30 miles away and won't be there till Friday. Calling them this morning to just tell them to keep it and I will spent the extra $40 at basspro and just pick it up today. I have heard about bad customer service but creed got in the way and I couldn't help but order from them. Meh, never again.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I stopped ordering from them about a year ago. The tradeoff between decent deals and the other BS wasn't worth it anymore.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    They played a game with me as well when I ordered a shroud for my Romeo 1 RDS calling it "In Stock" when I ordered it, but then taking 8 weeks to ship it because it was not in stock. Don't really trust them.

Nowadays, it is all about Customer Service in my mind.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I've found Midway to offer a comparable line of products (well, more actually) at comparable prices. They also offer cheaper shipping every few weeks.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I agree about the customer service. I have honestly never had a good experience at Basspro either but I guess I don't really expect them to be experts either. I also agree with it not being worth the headache of sitting on hold and the back and forth, so much for 2 day express shipping, lol. Okay I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being a ( Richard ) as I can sometimes be. Seems like others have the same problem with them.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    They played there game once. I canceled the order and purchased from Midway for $10.00 more delivered in three days.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Natchez Shooting Sports frequently has better pricing on optics with none of the hassle so I don't bother with Optics Planet.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Good to know this. I haven't ordered from them in a couple years but they were good to go back then. I'm not really buying much of anything these days but I am looking for a holster. I'll be sure to look elsewhere.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've only ordered from them through Amazon for several years. No issues that way, and if there were I know Amazon has backed me the few times I've had an issue with something I bought through them, even if not from them.

clayshooter99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    I last ordered from them about 5 months ago, and for a total of about 6 years now. Everything has always been perfect with them, sorry to hear of these recent problems and that will raise my guard in the future although at this point I have no intent to ban myself from them.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I last ordered from them about 5 months ago, and for a total of about 6 years now. Everything has always been perfect with them, sorry to hear of these recent problems and that will raise my guard in the future although at this point I have no intent to ban myself from them.

I have spent thousands there over the last 7 years and have a great relationship with them. Flawless and great CS. They were one of the first to integrate the new logistics which is now an industry standard. The one return that I had to do (my fault) they credited my account before they even got the item back. Not sure why a few have problems but would suggest they should just buy from storefronts?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Ive used them several times. Biggest thing is to make sure what you're buying is actually in stock. I havent had any issues in recent years. I have ordered from them thru ebay as well. Sometimes its cheaper on eBay then on their actual site. I got a Vortex Crossfire 2 4-16×40 from them on eBay when ebay had a 20% off sale and made them a "or best offer" and they accepted. Paid i believe $85 after discounts shipped to my door. That was a great deal

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    They have a long history of "it's in stock.....just kidding". I ran into it several times years ago. CS was always difficult to work with. Had orders canceled due to some 'error' then the price was higher once it was re-ordered. Gave up on them a long time ago, sounds like they still suck. I don't have any desire to give them another chance, not when there are so many better options out there. It's like rolling the dice when you try to order from them, not worth the effort.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Never had any problems in the few times I've ordered from Optics Planet , in fact just had a Vortex Venom arrive from them a few days ago.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    They are kinda like Botach, sometimes they have unbeatable prices. Sometimes it's worth the risk, dealing with a wannabe big supplier with obvious growing pains. :dunno:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Optics Planet and Cheaper then Dirt are both on my No No list.

PSA and Botach are on my never had a problem but others I know have and approach with skepticism list. I really don’t buy from either anymore.

Brownells, Midway, RescueEssentials, LA police gear have been good.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I've ordered from them before. Wasn't impressed. Lots of better choices. LA police gear gets my money.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I'm 3 for 3 delivered either on schedule or earlier. No issues. I wont be ordering from them anymore... or anywhere actually..

Top Bottom