Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

User Info Menu

My only issue is that nothing seems to be built yet. I get it, you have to raise money and start somewhere, but if I'm going to be a "Founding Member" and pay $1,000 + $1,000...which, to me, if I used it enough would seem reasonable, I want some assurance that this isn't vaporware. Seeing as how they are still recruiting Equity Partners, I have a little bit of trepidation about the place ever coming to fruition.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

Plinker

User Info Menu

At those prices, it might not make it, but somebody has to have the money, but its not me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cg21 View Post
    And I will stay in my backyard  but seems to have more to offer than just a shooting range.

Believe me, If I had the option of shooting from my back yard I would, but I do not so...the Winamac FWA range works for me.
    " YOU SERIOUS CLARK ? "

User Info Menu

If you sign up, and they go under, you are listed on schedule A of the bankruptcy petition, unsecured creditor. (IANAL but I've seen this before) They seem to be shooting (pun intended) for the more affluent gun owner. Are there enough of them in the area to support a place as ambitious as this? I doubt many from Chicago would drive through the traffic they would have to drive through to get there with enough regularity to make the high fees worth it.

Eager to see how it plays out.

Expert

User Info Menu

Interesting concept, and I might be interested. I did email them that I could help proofread their website; found 2 typos (grammer errors) in just two sentences on their homepage. Might sound silly, but if I were building a major facility with a website, I'd make sure it was perfect.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by spec4 View Post
    If you sign up, and they go under, you are listed on schedule A of the bankruptcy petition, unsecured creditor. (IANAL but I've seen this before)...
    Basically correct. As an unsecured creditor, you would never see anything returned to you.

I wouldn’t consider myself “affluent”, but a $1,000 a year (locked in as a “Founding Member”) for someplace nice to shoot with the amenities they advertise that includes immediate family and 10 guests a year? To me, it doesn’r Seem all that steep. Sure, it’s $2,000 in the first year, but if it ends up being as advertised I don’t see that as unreasonable.

People pay A LOT more to join private golf clubs.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    People pay A LOT more to join private golf clubs.
    Which club matches up with 22 Hornet?

Plinker

User Info Menu

Is this the same location they were trying to setup the Road America racetrack?

User Info Menu

Forgot about golf. I know country club memberships can be quite high. Guess it keeps the riff raff out. I recall in the 80's that the Barrington Hills Country Club in Illinois cost $35000 to join. There was also a requirement to spend a certain amount there every year. Not sure exactly how much that was. Golf was never my thing but I've known many who are fanatic about it.

User Info Menu

Too Gucci for me and for that kind of coin I could be making a payment on my own land. Put an old camper out there shoot, blow stuff up and drive whatever wherever. Spit and pee off the front porch.

I won’t be wronged, I won’t be insulted, and I won’t be laid a hand on.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast