• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I liked the pic of the offroad course, a stock SUV driving down a steep asphalt path. They say Newton County, does anyone have a more exact location? They say 1 hour from 294 and 55. If you can get from there to anywhere in Newton county you have far less regard for the speed limit than I did in my 20's. Anyone guess what the cost? I figure about 200 a month for the most basic membership

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I have no affiliation with them... but I did read $2,000 down and $1,000 a year. Newton county is just over an hour from Chicago, and it looks like it is at the northern portion of newton county.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    To rich for my blood. Be a founding member looks to be 1k plus 1k initiation fee. More expensive if you join after that

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Looks interesting to me. If it turns out as advertised, I think it would be worth it, and not too far for me.

i am signing up for info.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I was born and raised in Roselawn in Newton county. Access is fairly easy as I-65 exits at state road 10 in the county.

However the dues certainly are beyond my limits ~ General Membership is shown at $1200 initiation fee with yearly fees of $1500! At those prices I think it is trying to obtain membership from fairly wealthy people in the Chicago area (it is about a 45 min drive from Chicago to the county but don't know what part of the county the range is to be situated).

The only way I would use the range is if it had a 300 to 1000 yd range for 50BMG with a daily fee of less than $100.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I agree the membership is pretty steep but it will keep the place nicer in the long run. Keep out the riffraff

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My only issue is that nothing seems to be built yet. I get it, you have to raise money and start somewhere, but if I'm going to be a "Founding Member" and pay $1,000 + $1,000...which, to me, if I used it enough would seem reasonable, I want some assurance that this isn't vaporware. Seeing as how they are still recruiting Equity Partners, I have a little bit of trepidation about the place ever coming to fruition.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    If you sign up, and they go under, you are listed on schedule A of the bankruptcy petition, unsecured creditor. (IANAL but I've seen this before) They seem to be shooting (pun intended) for the more affluent gun owner. Are there enough of them in the area to support a place as ambitious as this? I doubt many from Chicago would drive through the traffic they would have to drive through to get there with enough regularity to make the high fees worth it.

Eager to see how it plays out.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Interesting concept, and I might be interested. I did email them that I could help proofread their website; found 2 typos (grammer errors) in just two sentences on their homepage. Might sound silly, but if I were building a major facility with a website, I'd make sure it was perfect.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If you sign up, and they go under, you are listed on schedule A of the bankruptcy petition, unsecured creditor. (IANAL but I've seen this before)...

Basically correct. As an unsecured creditor, you would never see anything returned to you.

I wouldn’t consider myself “affluent”, but a $1,000 a year (locked in as a “Founding Member”) for someplace nice to shoot with the amenities they advertise that includes immediate family and 10 guests a year? To me, it doesn’r Seem all that steep. Sure, it’s $2,000 in the first year, but if it ends up being as advertised I don’t see that as unreasonable.

People pay A LOT more to join private golf clubs.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Forgot about golf. I know country club memberships can be quite high. Guess it keeps the riff raff out. I recall in the 80's that the Barrington Hills Country Club in Illinois cost $35000 to join. There was also a requirement to spend a certain amount there every year. Not sure exactly how much that was. Golf was never my thing but I've known many who are fanatic about it.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Too Gucci for me and for that kind of coin I could be making a payment on my own land. Put an old camper out there shoot, blow stuff up and drive whatever wherever. Spit and pee off the front porch.;)

Top Bottom