Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

New shooting range/conservation club NWI

https://www.1881ranch.com/

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet... apparently there are groups trying to stop them from coming to northwest Indiana.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Sent for information.
    A bit far for me, but I've never been against a good road trip.
    Dormant U.S.Marine/ NRA Benefactor-Life

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

I liked the pic of the offroad course, a stock SUV driving down a steep asphalt path. They say Newton County, does anyone have a more exact location? They say 1 hour from 294 and 55. If you can get from there to anywhere in Newton county you have far less regard for the speed limit than I did in my 20's. Anyone guess what the cost? I figure about 200 a month for the most basic membership

Marksman

User Info Menu

I have no affiliation with them... but I did read $2,000 down and $1,000 a year. Newton county is just over an hour from Chicago, and it looks like it is at the northern portion of newton county.

User Info Menu

To rich for my blood. Be a founding member looks to be 1k plus 1k initiation fee. More expensive if you join after that

User Info Menu

I am up north, but at those prices I will stick with shooting at the Winamac FWA for free.
    " YOU SERIOUS CLARK ? "

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Winamac View Post
    I am up north, but at those prices I will stick with shooting at the Winamac FWA for free.
    And I will stay in my backyard 😂 but seems to have more to offer than just a shooting range.

User Info Menu

Looks interesting to me. If it turns out as advertised, I think it would be worth it, and not too far for me.

i am signing up for info.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

Expert

User Info Menu

I was born and raised in Roselawn in Newton county. Access is fairly easy as I-65 exits at state road 10 in the county.

However the dues certainly are beyond my limits ~ General Membership is shown at $1200 initiation fee with yearly fees of $1500! At those prices I think it is trying to obtain membership from fairly wealthy people in the Chicago area (it is about a 45 min drive from Chicago to the county but don't know what part of the county the range is to be situated).

The only way I would use the range is if it had a 300 to 1000 yd range for 50BMG with a daily fee of less than $100.
    Life member NRA - FFL -03 (Collector) life LTCH

Marksman

User Info Menu

I agree the membership is pretty steep but it will keep the place nicer in the long run. Keep out the riffraff

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast